Do you like anchovies?

Poll runs till Tue Jun 30, 2026 1:17 am

Yes, definitely.
27%
They are okay.
18%
Give it a miss.
36%
Blasphemy! (Cannot be in the same room with them.)
18%

Total votes: 11

mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Anchovies?

Post by mike »

MaxPC wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:30 pm
mike wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:52 pm
MaxPC wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:34 pm

My wife makes a bang on tuna salad with tuna; carrot bits; raisins; mayo mixed with curry spice; celery and occasionally that purple cabbage shredded. Served up on a dark bread toast. Brilliant.
Raisins, eh. Well, I am sure she is a great cook otherwise.
Raisins allergy? Or aversion? Indian cuisine uses dried fruits. It complements the spice of the curry.
Aversion! However, I have been known to make exceptions when it comes to raisin-filled cookies.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:42 pm
MaxPC wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:30 pm
mike wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:52 pm

Raisins, eh. Well, I am sure she is a great cook otherwise.
Raisins allergy? Or aversion? Indian cuisine uses dried fruits. It complements the spice of the curry.
Aversion! However, I have been known to make exceptions when it comes to raisin-filled cookies.
I understand. This is one of those recipes that probably tastes as good with a different dried fruit. Just chop it as small as raisins. Sometimes my wife has used dried figs. That was good too.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

eccentric_rambler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:51 pm I should have been more clear - a tuna steak would be one thing. Pasta, tuna and pea casserole is another.
And tuna sushi is excellent.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

A famous podcaster that a few of my younger coworkers listen to has a signature pizza he often orders to consume while recording his podcasts: double anchovies with double pineapple. I'll try anything once....
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 am A famous podcaster that a few of my younger coworkers listen to has a signature pizza he often orders to consume while recording his podcasts: double anchovies with double pineapple. I'll try anything once....
No offense, but.......Eewwww !
0 x
steve-in-kville

Grace wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:39 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 am A famous podcaster that a few of my younger coworkers listen to has a signature pizza he often orders to consume while recording his podcasts: double anchovies with double pineapple. I'll try anything once....
What bothers you? The pineapple or the anchovies?
0 x

MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Marmite soldiers with soft boiled eggs: this is another combination that people either give a miss or consume daily. I grew up on Marmite but Vegemite is tastier in my old age.

Another memory from my youth: cheese and pickle sarnies made with sharp sharp cheddar and Branston pickle relish. I still have them when I can find a jar of Branston in the international food aisle.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Grace

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 am

I like fresh pineapples. But do not think they belong on pizza. I don't care for anchovies.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

MaxPC wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 am
Marmite soldiers with soft boiled eggs: this is another combination that people either give a miss or consume daily. I grew up on Marmite but Vegemite is tastier in my old age.

Another memory from my youth: cheese and pickle sarnies made with sharp sharp cheddar and Branston pickle relish. I still have them when I can find a jar of Branston in the international food aisle.
We always called marmite soldiers with soft boiled eggs, "dippy eggs" with toast strips. When I was pregnant, I craved sweet pickle sandwiches with cheese and mayonnaise. Another craving were hot fudge sundays. No wonder I gained more pregnancy weight than my doctor was comfortable with.
1 x
steve-in-kville

Grace wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 am

I like fresh pineapples. But do not think they belong on pizza. I don't care for anchovies.
So Hawaiian pizza is a no go?
0 x