Do you like anchovies?

Poll runs till Tue Jun 30, 2026 1:17 am

Yes, definitely.
27%
They are okay.
18%
Give it a miss.
36%
Blasphemy! (Cannot be in the same room with them.)
18%

Total votes: 11

eccentric_rambler
Affiliation: NMB->Ultra

Re: Anchovies?

Post by eccentric_rambler »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:36 pm I keep a few canned sardines and tuna in my desk drawer at work in case I need extra protein. I little hot sauce goes a long way.
I've made the mistake about twice of snacking on sardines before bed, then leaving the poorly rinsed can in the sink overnight. My wife tried to be gracious. Mustard is superior to hot sauce for sardines, imo.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

eccentric_rambler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:42 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:36 pm I keep a few canned sardines and tuna in my desk drawer at work in case I need extra protein. I little hot sauce goes a long way.
I've made the mistake about twice of snacking on sardines before bed, then leaving the poorly rinsed can in the sink overnight. My wife tried to be gracious. Mustard is superior to hot sauce for sardines, imo.
I fixed it for you :mrgreen:

Honestly I have never even tried sardines or anchovies or tuna. I'm a fan of smoked oysters in those little cans, though.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

eccentric_rambler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:23 pm I like sardines but never had anchovies. Pickled herring is a rarely consumed delicacy.
In Sweden, you can sometimes find 3 different kinds of pickled herring at a breakfast buffet at your hotel ... yum!
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
eccentric_rambler

mike wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:53 pm

Honestly I have never even tried sardines or anchovies or tuna. I'm a fan of smoked oysters in those little cans, though.
You don't know what you are missing. Never tried tuna? :o A tuna sandwich is pretty good, if they don't mix in olives or celery. Tuna isn't meant to be hot, though.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

eccentric_rambler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:09 pm

You don't know what you are missing. Never tried tuna? :o A tuna sandwich is pretty good, if they don't mix in olives or celery. Tuna isn't meant to be hot, though.
Actually I have had tuna salad, just not tuna strait from the can. Celery and olives preferred though. :)
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I've had tuna steak with a butter/garlic seasoning on it. Not the best fish I ever ate, but for the money it was good.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:20 pm

Actually I have had tuna salad, just not tuna strait from the can. Celery and olives preferred though. :)
My wife makes a bang on tuna salad with tuna; carrot bits; raisins; mayo mixed with curry spice; celery and occasionally that purple cabbage shredded. Served up on a dark bread toast. Brilliant.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
eccentric_rambler

I should have been more clear - a tuna steak would be one thing. Pasta, tuna and pea casserole is another.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

MaxPC wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:34 pm

My wife makes a bang on tuna salad with tuna; carrot bits; raisins; mayo mixed with curry spice; celery and occasionally that purple cabbage shredded. Served up on a dark bread toast. Brilliant.
Raisins, eh. Well, I am sure she is a great cook otherwise.
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:52 pm
MaxPC wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:34 pm

Raisins, eh. Well, I am sure she is a great cook otherwise.
Raisins allergy? Or aversion? Indian cuisine uses dried fruits. It complements the spice of the curry.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God