Do you like anchovies?

Poll runs till Tue Jun 30, 2026 1:17 am

Yes, definitely.
27%
They are okay.
18%
Give it a miss.
36%
Blasphemy! (Cannot be in the same room with them.)
18%

Total votes: 11

Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Anchovies?

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 pm
Grace wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 am

What bothers you? The pineapple or the anchovies?

I like fresh pineapples. But do not think they belong on pizza. I don't care for anchovies.
So Hawaiian pizza is a no go?
You are right. I like pizza savory. Pineapple is just to sweet. I guess I am sneaky, but do enjoy pizza with just cheese toppings. Although Infinitos has this great Alfredo pizza.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Grace wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:36 am
MaxPC wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 am A famous podcaster that a few of my younger coworkers listen to has a signature pizza he often orders to consume while recording his podcasts: double anchovies with double pineapple. I'll try anything once....
Marmite soldiers with soft boiled eggs: this is another combination that people either give a miss or consume daily. I grew up on Marmite but Vegemite is tastier in my old age.

Another memory from my youth: cheese and pickle sarnies made with sharp sharp cheddar and Branston pickle relish. I still have them when I can find a jar of Branston in the international food aisle.
We always called marmite soldiers with soft boiled eggs, "dippy eggs" with toast strips. When I was pregnant, I craved sweet pickle sandwiches with cheese and mayonnaise. Another craving were hot fudge sundays. No wonder I gained more pregnancy weight than my doctor was comfortable with.
A common cheeky reply among Brit families whenever a cherty family member demanded his marmite soldiers: “They were court martialed and shot”. It was a reminder that being overly abrasive is not the way to behave.
:laugh
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Properly soft boiling an egg is a skill that continues to elude me. I can make eggs every other way, but I never can soft boil one where it turns out right.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 am Properly soft boiling an egg is a skill that continues to elude me. I can make eggs every other way, but I never can soft boil one where it turns out right.
If the egg is room temp, boil for 2 minutes. If it comes from the fridge, boil for three minutes. My mother always used a sand three minute egg timer.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Grace wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 am Properly soft boiling an egg is a skill that continues to elude me. I can make eggs every other way, but I never can soft boil one where it turns out right.
If the egg is room temp, boil for 2 minutes. If it comes from the fridge, boil for three minutes. My mother always used a sand three minute egg timer.
Boil the water first, then add eggs?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

You're trying an impossibility. If an egg is properly boiled it will never be soft.
0 x