It ain't right, but it ain't wrong either!

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

It ain't right, but it ain't wrong either!

Post by steve-in-kville »

FB_IMG_1702985523823.jpg
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: It ain't right, but it ain't wrong either!

Post by Neto »

Doing technical service work at a local furniture manufacturer, I was tasked with installing a CAD program originally written in French. One of the funny translation "gotchyas" was that it referred to "cookies" as "biscuits". So I assumed that it was translated into British English, not "techno-English".
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

:lol: :lol:
Only if they are hard and have a snap. Otherwise, the soft chewy ones are called cookies. What the computer people call them I have not bothered to learn. :lol: :lol:
Neto wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:09 am One of the funny translation "gotchyas" was that it referred to "cookies" as "biscuits". .
Somehow I think gotchyas is a much more accurate description of their purpose.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:09 am :lol: :lol:
Only if they are hard and have a snap. Otherwise, the soft chewy ones are called cookies. What the computer people call them I have not bothered to learn. :lol: :lol:
Neto wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:09 am One of the funny translation "gotchyas" was that it referred to "cookies" as "biscuits". .
That would be amusing - a website that asks if you will accept "gotchyas".... :laugh
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Neto wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 pm
MaxPC wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:09 am :lol: :lol:
That would be amusing - a website that asks if you will accept "gotchyas".... :laugh
:rofl: :laugh :rofl: :dance: :hi5
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God