Menno Simmons Quote

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Menno Simmons Quote

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Anyone know where I might be able to purchase Menno's quote (the full-length one) in a framed, artistic rendition? I checked Masthof but they don't have it there.
For true evangelical faith is of such a nature that it cannot lay dormant; but manifests itself in all righteousness and works of love; it dies unto flesh and blood; destroys all forbidden lusts and desires; cordially seeks, serves and fears God; clothes the naked; feeds the hungry; consoles the afflicted; shelters the miserable; aids and consoles all the oppressed; returns good for evil; serves those that injure it; prays for those that persecute it; teaches, admonishes and reproves with the Word of the Lord; seeks that which is lost; binds up that which is wounded; heals that which is diseased and saves that which is sound. The persecution, suffering and anxiety which befalls it for the sake of the truth of the Lord, is to it a glorious joy and consolation.
1 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Menno Simmons Quote

Post by ohio jones »

Simmons Bedding Co., purveyor of the Beautyrest mattress, would encourage you to lay dormant, preferably utilizing their products.

The Menno Simons quote, even the abridged version, is not so easy to find. Here is one source; unframed, and not very artistic in my opinion.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
HondurasKeiser

Post by HondurasKeiser »

ohio jones wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:58 pm Simmons Bedding Co., purveyor of the Beautyrest mattress, would encourage you to lay dormant, preferably utilizing their products.

The Menno Simons quote, even the abridged version, is not so easy to find. Here is one source; unframed, and not very artistic in my opinion.
A friend has one in their house and I remember one hanging in our church lobby when I was a boy. There must be some for sale out there.
0 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church
HondurasKeiser

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Also, good catch on the double-m
1 x
HondurasKeiser

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Yeah that's an awful option
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

you might look for a calligrapher or letterer to create something for you.

signtist and Pastor Rich create signs, if they can’t do something, they might have a referral.
there might be ones reading that could do this kind of thing.

i imagine it’s very doable.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
HondurasKeiser

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Good idea, thank you!
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I'd call P. Graham Dunn and ask the if they can do this. They've done one-offs of hymns before.
1 x
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Every sign guy with an ounce of creativity can do what you want. I'd consider printing the final creation and doing a canvas of it. You can even find online options for that.
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

HK-
If you find a place, I’d be interested in getting one.
1 x