Your last interaction with law enforcement?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

How would you rate your last interaction with law enforcement?

1- Couldn't have gone worse!
No votes
2-
8%
3- Neutral.
33%
4-
25%
5- Couldn't have gone better!
33%

Total votes: 12

steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Your last interaction with law enforcement?

Post by steve-in-kville »

This pic made me smile a bit. Rate your last interaction with a member of the law enforcement community. Whether it was a traffic stop, you reported a crime, casual interaction at a place of business or place to eat, whatever. Keep it light and no politics, please. Can include anyone from local, state, federal or anything I am missing.

Again, it's the holidays. Don't turn this into a cop bashing thread.

police.jpg
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Your last interaction with law enforcement?

Post by mike »

My last interaction with a LEO was to turn in a handgun that was left in our public restroom at work. It was seemingly left there accidentally, but it seemed strange that the owner didn't miss it and come back for it. The trooper said he would need video footage if they were not able to trace the owner by the S/N, but I didn't hear back from him so I assume they found the owner.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Years ago I was in the city of Lancaster, and not accustomed to city driving, made an illegal turn. I got pulled over and was given a ticket. Waiting until after the officer handed me the ticket, I thanked him for doing his job, and left him know that he is appreciated for protecting the community. He looked surprised and stuttered a little. Then said, "Well that is a first, most people are belligerent and unkind".
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I'm part of an almost weekly peace vigil in front of the county courthouse. We regularly get friendly waves from the police going by. Much better than an earlier encounter with the police aiming sawed-off shotguns ordering me to lie face down.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

At work, we are a couple of miles from the local state police barracks, so most of our interactions with cops involve serving them lunch. It's a cheap way to have armed security onsite, at least over lunchtime. :)
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

I got pulled over by the cops for speeding on my way to church on Sunday.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

mike wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:16 am My last interaction with a LEO was to turn in a handgun that was left in our public restroom at work. It was seemingly left there accidentally, but it seemed strange that the owner didn't miss it and come back for it. The trooper said he would need video footage if they were not able to trace the owner by the S/N, but I didn't hear back from him so I assume they found the owner.
Similar thing happened when I was in high school. A local detective came in to give us a pep talk on drugs and drunk driving. Cop had to use the can and left his side arm on the toilet tank in the boy's room. Another student found it and alerted a teacher. made the local news and all. Good times, back then 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
mike

Post by mike »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:03 am
mike wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:16 am My last interaction with a LEO was to turn in a handgun that was left in our public restroom at work. It was seemingly left there accidentally, but it seemed strange that the owner didn't miss it and come back for it. The trooper said he would need video footage if they were not able to trace the owner by the S/N, but I didn't hear back from him so I assume they found the owner.
Similar thing happened when I was in high school. A local detective came in to give us a pep talk on drugs and drunk driving. Cop had to use the can and left his side arm on the toilet tank in the boy's room. Another student found it and alerted a teacher. made the local news and all. Good times, back then 8-)
I wonder if you just answered the question of whose gun it was that we found...
1 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:03 am
My mother once found a handgun laying on the street outside of her home in Baltimore. She called the police. Turns out that a police officer had accidentally dropped it.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
mike

Post by mike »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:45 am I got pulled over by the cops for speeding on my way to church on Sunday.
See, they really don't want you going to church these days.
1 x