Sandwich Police?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Sandwich Police?

Post by steve-in-kville »

sandwich.jpg
We haven't done a food thread, much less a sandwich thread in a while. Two three part, open ended question.

1- Your go-to sandwich you would make at home?

2- Your favorite sandwich you would order off the menu at any restaurant, deli, tavern or streetcorner (basically anywhere but made at home)?

3- A sandwich you never had, yet want to try and/or an establishment you would like to patronize? (i.e. Katz Deli, in NYC)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville

Re: Sandwich Police?

Depending on the season, tomato sandwich with sliced onion and mayo. Otherwise, BLT's are always a hit. If it's early enough in the morning, a pepper & egg sandwich will do.

2- Your favorite sandwich you would order off the menu at any restaurant, deli, tavern or streetcorner (basically anywhere but made at home)?
Almost always a Reuben.

3- A sandwich you never had, yet want to try and/or an establishment you would like to patronize? (i.e. Katz Deli, in NYC)
Primanti Brothers, just to see what all the hype is about. We have one close by but my coworkers tell me it's not the same as the Pittsburg original location.
0 x

MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

My wife keeps egg salad with kale bits or tuna salad in the refrigerator and they are usually my preference. Occasionally she will make an egg banjo with HP sauce for me.

I too, enjoy Reuben sandwiches; also BBQ sandwiches, and Po'Boy sandwiches.

I should like to try a Lobster Roll.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:22 am sandwich.jpg

We haven't done a food thread, much less a sandwich thread in a while. Two three part, open ended question.

Wife:
1 Grilled cheese sandwich with the ultraprocessed American cheese that the rest of my family hates. For some reason, I like it better than cheddar, although I'd prefer cheddar on burgers or anything else.
2: Meatball sandwich with spinach. I used to live by subway and my parents would just buy me a cup of meatballs, but I have grown to appreciate the bread too.
3: No idea. maybe a mooseburger. Does that count as a sandwich?
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

1. BLT on sourdough bread that I make

2. Reuben or corned beef from a good Jewish Deli

3. Would love to try a cheese steak from one of the well known places in Philly
1 x
steve-in-kville

QuietlyListening wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:14 pm
3. Would love to try a cheese steak from one of the well known places in Philly
I have a coworker who is a real "foodie" and often embarks on day trips to Philly, NYC, Pittsburg, etc.... just to eat the food there.
1 x

ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

I thought this thread would be about t1's quest to modify the way Subway sandwich artists assemble their masterpieces.

1. Sweet bologna, münster cheese, pickles, mayo, and lettuce on wheat.
2. Bacon and bleu burger.
3. Smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's in Montreal. Every time I schedule a layover long enough to go downtown, there's a flight disruption that makes that impossible. Since it has happened several times, I'm convinced Air Canada is conspiring against me.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

QuietlyListening wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:14 pm3. Would love to try a cheese steak from one of the well known places in Philly
They are not that hard to make. You just need good hoagie bread and very thin-sliced ribeye steak. But if you do make an authentic one yourself at home you will likely be dismayed at how much grease is in one and lose your appetite for the real thing :lol:

https://www.honestfoodtalks.com/philly- ... ak-recipe/
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I neglected to mention my wife’s meatball butties. She uses a fattier beef mince for extra flavor. Mixed with onions and garlic, it is served with HP instead of tomato gravy and tucked inside a fresh bun.

I think I shall go eat supper now.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:52 pm
QuietlyListening wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:14 pm3. Would love to try a cheese steak from one of the well known places in Philly
They are not that hard to make. You just need good hoagie bread and very thin-sliced ribeye steak. But if you do make an authentic one yourself at home you will likely be dismayed at how much grease is in one and lose your appetite for the real thing :lol:

https://www.honestfoodtalks.com/philly- ... ak-recipe/
Then you need to head to Esterly's, home of the No-Grease Cheesesteak.
0 x