Gender Differences

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Gender Differences

Post by steve-in-kville »

Neto wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:29 pm And I had looked "all over" in there the first time, and I actually searched in there at least 2 or 3 times. Never saw it. Go figure....
We have three refrigerators and two freezers. If she wants me to find something, she may as well just go get it herself 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Sometimes the differences in gender are amusing. Years ago Hubby bought a car for cheap, because the engine had been burned fast and ruined. He found a replacement engine from a wrecked car at a local salvage facility. With the help of a friend they took the ruined engine out and replaced it with the other. All in all we had a nice car for a cheap price. Yet give him a I-phone and he is lost. (he uses a military grade flip phone). The most I know about cars is how to check the oil and tire pressure. But I do know a lot about the devices we use in our day to day living.

So in a way, many times our gender differences compliment each other.
0 x
steve-in-kville

Grace wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:28 am The most I know about cars is how to check the oil and tire pressure. But I do know a lot about the devices we use in our day to day living.

My wife is the opposite. It has been maybe a year now that the girls taught her how to text, look up the weather and news and such on her smartphone. And now she listens to podcasts from some TV evangelist, taking notes the entire time! All while cooking and doing laundry :o
0 x

Grace

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:43 am
Grace wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:28 am The most I know about cars is how to check the oil and tire pressure. But I do know a lot about the devices we use in our day to day living.

My wife is the opposite. It has been maybe a year now that the girls taught her how to text, look up the weather and news and such on her smartphone. And now she listens to podcasts from some TV evangelist, taking notes the entire time! All while cooking and doing laundry :o
It is called multitasking. Something women are good at, out of necessity. How else could they watch their little children, cook, and talk on the phone all at the same time.
1 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Grace wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:28 am Sometimes the differences in gender are amusing. Years ago Hubby bought a car for cheap, because the engine had been burned fast and ruined.
I know this is off topic, but I am wondering whether a slow burn would have been better?
0 x
steve-in-kville

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:26 am
Grace wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:28 am Sometimes the differences in gender are amusing. Years ago Hubby bought a car for cheap, because the engine had been burned fast and ruined.
I know this is off topic, but I am wondering whether a slow burn would have been better?
She most likely meant the engine seized. Slow burn, fast burn, still toasted.
0 x

Grace

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:43 am
ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:26 am
She most likely meant the engine seized. Slow burn, fast burn, still toasted.
You are right, the engine was seized. See, as a woman I don't even know the correct terminology for the ruined engine.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Grace wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:08 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:43 am

It is called multitasking. Something women are good at, out of necessity. How else could they watch their little children, cook, and talk on the phone all at the same time.
Wife: Simple. Either Junior is coloring on the wall, I'm yelling at everyone to be quiet/stop fighting while I talk, or the food gets burned while I'm dealing with Junior. Most likely all three in my household. I'm a special snowflake though.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat