Popular Alternative Theories

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Popular Alternative Theories

Post by Ernie »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:04 am Lymes disease was actually invented by the US military and accidently tested on the human population.
I'm learning a lot of new ones today. I must not circulate in the right circles.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Ernie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:09 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:04 am Lymes disease was actually invented by the US military and accidently tested on the human population.
I'm learning a lot of new ones today. I must not circulate in the right circles.
I hear my share, most I hear now days involve medical stuff.
When I was in college and frequented the military lounge, well… you really wouldn’t want to know what was speculated and discussed there.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Bobby Kennedy had Marlyn Monroe killed to keep her quiet about what she knew about the aliens.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

"Trump is a Russian agent or Russian asset" is a popular theory in some circles.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Some of y'all have creative interpretations of when the 21st century started. Regardless, I have to ask for more detail about this one. I've never heard of it, and Google just brings up the CAM billboards.
barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:39 am As a child I remember hearing a conversation about small color coded signs on interstate highways that represented the initial stages of a national plan to imprison Christians in hidden camps.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:28 pm Some of y'all have creative interpretations of when the 21st century started. Regardless, I have to ask for more detail about this one. I've never heard of it, and Google just brings up the CAM billboards.
barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:39 am As a child I remember hearing a conversation about small color coded signs on interstate highways that represented the initial stages of a national plan to imprison Christians in hidden camps.
:lol: :laugh
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:28 pm Some of y'all have creative interpretations of when the 21st century started. Regardless, I have to ask for more detail about this one. I've never heard of it, and Google just brings up the CAM billboards.
Hmmm... I see your point. So what does this mean, am I antinomian, bad at math or somehow overlooked Ernie's era qualification in a later post? Time will tell.

The mysterious little markers sometimes said cryptic things like "Detour C". The source I heard spinning theories about them was also a proponent of end times apocalypse theory like "88 reasons". He was generally not taken seriously.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Back when we lived in Texas there were all manner of local conspiracy theories when the utility poles started getting mysterious antennas mounted on them like so:

They turned out to be receivers and retransmitters for the new smart meters that the power company was installing on homes so they could read your meter remotely and not need to send meter readers around to do it manually.

But some people still believed they were something to do a United Nations Agenda 2030 new world order conspiracy theory of some sort.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I think conspiracies around vaccines are flourishing in the last 10 years.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:11 pm I think conspiracies around vaccines are flourishing in the last 10 years.
Some are false, some are true and some are impossible for the average person to determine.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat