Popular Alternative Theories

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Popular Alternative Theories

Post by ohio jones »

barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:25 pm
ohio jones wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:28 pm Some of y'all have creative interpretations of when the 21st century started. Regardless, I have to ask for more detail about this one. I've never heard of it, and Google just brings up the CAM billboards.
barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:39 am As a child I remember hearing a conversation about small color coded signs on interstate highways that represented the initial stages of a national plan to imprison Christians in hidden camps.
Hmmm... I see your point. So what does this mean, am I antinomian, bad at math or somehow overlooked Ernie's era qualification in a later post? Time will tell.

The mysterious little markers sometimes said cryptic things like "Detour C". The source I heard spinning theories about them was also a proponent of end times apocalypse theory like "88 reasons". He was generally not taken seriously.
This sounds similar to the idea that the government puts colored dots on mailboxes so they know what to do with you when they set up the New World Order:
A blue dot your mailbox: You’re taken to a FEMA camp.
Pink: You’ll be used for slave labor.
Red: You are shot in the head immediately.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

For a while I wondered if we might be witnessing the birth of a new cult or religion with the growth of Qanon. There is a collection of multiple alternative theories at the core. It seems to be loosing steam and the most high profile adherents have moved into church space.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

barnhart wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:41 am For a while I wondered if we might be witnessing the birth of a new cult or religion with the growth of Qanon. There is a collection of multiple alternative theories at the core. It seems to be loosing steam and the most high profile adherents have moved into church space.
Well, whoever he is hasn’t posted to 8chan in a while. I am still shocked than an 8chan LARP managed to balloon into something that deceived millions of people. (For what it’s worth similar stuff to qanon gets posted almost every day in those places and is largely ignored.)
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Soloist wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:40 pm
barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:11 pm I think conspiracies around vaccines are flourishing in the last 10 years.
Some are false, some are true and some are impossible for the average person to determine.
Here are a few I heard.
1. COVID vaccine contains a nano chip with tracking information developed by Bill Gates
2. COVID vaccine alters your DNA
3. COVID vaccine causes sterilization
4. Vaccines are linked to autism
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

barnhart wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:33 pm
Soloist wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:40 pm
barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:11 pm I think conspiracies around vaccines are flourishing in the last 10 years.
Some are false, some are true and some are impossible for the average person to determine.
Here are a few I heard.
1. COVID vaccine contains a nano chip with tracking information developed by Bill Gates
2. COVID vaccine alters your DNA
3. COVID vaccine causes sterilization
4. Vaccines are linked to autism
Don't forget this one!

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

The altering your DNA one is the only one with a possible route to actually do so scientifically.
Of course, who doesn’t want to become magnetic?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I heard a new one last week.
Meghan Markle announced she would be interested in taking Diane Feinstein's place as a senator. It is hypothesised that Markle and Harry's rift with the Royal Family is a hoax and that it is a cover for a plot to retake "the colonies" by infiltrating the US government.
I assure you that the rift is real and there is no plot to return the US to the UK.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

MaxPC wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:25 amI assure you that the rift is real and there is no plot to return the US to the UK.
Thanks for putting our minds at rest. :-)
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Ernie wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:31 pm
MaxPC wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:25 amI assure you that the rift is real and there is no plot to return the US to the UK.
Thanks for putting our minds at rest. :-)
:laugh Sometimes casual readers forget to read the OP. I find it best to use reminders.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

What events are considered "government inside jobs" by many people with alternate theories.

Kennedy's assassination
Oklahoma City bombing
9/11
January 6

What other ones?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"