Complainers Thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Complainers Thread

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:05 pm
Josh wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:49 pm Valerie's phoneposting would be a good candidate for that new ChatGPT thing where it predicts what you type. (Although I suspect some of the posters here are already using ChatGPT.)
Phoneposting. That is a good name for it. In my case it should be called Fumbleposting because I am always hitting the wrong buttons or keys.
With generative AI and speech to text, you don’t need to worry about that anymore.
1 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:54 am With generative AI and speech to text, you don’t need to worry about that anymore.
Speech two text does have problems sometimes identifying the write word four the context.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:07 am
Josh wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:54 am With generative AI and speech to text, you don’t need to worry about that anymore.
Speech two text does have problems sometimes identifying the write word four the context.
That’s part of the charm of Valerieposting.
1 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

santa-checking-facebook.jpg
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:03 pm
Sudsy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm
Thread Rules :

1. No questioning of another's input.
2. No referencing to another's input.
What's the fun in that? 8-)
Hey, you broke the rules. You're not allowed to quote anyone in Sudsy's thread. :)
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

It's 5.5 weeks until the end of the school year and everyone is just done. Why can't time move faster?
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:40 pm It's 5.5 weeks until the end of the school year and everyone is just done. Why can't time move faster?
5.5 weeks?

Sheesh. Our last day is June 18. That is 10 more weeks and change (not counting this week which is our Spring Break). The kids are already losing focus though. That is true.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:46 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:40 pm It's 5.5 weeks until the end of the school year and everyone is just done. Why can't time move faster?
5.5 weeks?

Sheesh. Our last day is June 18. That is 10 more weeks and change (not counting this week which is our Spring Break). The kids are already losing focus though. That is true.
Our last day is towards the end of May. When does your fall semester begin?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:32 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:46 pm
5.5 weeks?

Our last day is towards the end of May. When does your fall semester begin?
Fall semester usually begins the Tuesday after labor day. But this year we had I think 8 or 9 days of weather closures including an entire week in February when the entire city was iced in by a big ice storm that didn't melt for a week. And so our previously scheduled last day of school which I think was Friday June 7 got pushed back.

Here in the Pacific Northwest school usually starts later and ends later than most of the rest of the country. It's a legacy of farming and because we are so far north, harvests happen later in the year than most other places. Portland is the same latitude as Montreal. Add in a week or two of inclement weather days and we wind up in mid-June.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr