Complainers Thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Complainers Thread

Post by Soloist »

After you hit 80, The memory goes. What’s the difference between 80 and 90 and 94? That’s just a little bit of time.
Next thing you know he’ll be trying to type on his mouse.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

ohio jones wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:48 pm November 30, 2022:
MaxPC wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:53 pm Re rv lifestyle: we traveled a bit after my retirement. We sold the farm to one of our children and decided to travel. Now we live in a prefab house and have a small garden. We are both in our 80s and it was time to settle in again.
April 3, 2023:
MaxPC wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:01 am Additionally I will be celebrating my 90th birthday in the next month. We have a busy schedule for the next few. May you all remember Christ’s sacrifice for our sins. Amen.
November 28, 2023:
MaxPC wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:58 pm
MaxPC wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:33 pm
I am 90. Everything creaks but I get up each morning and I am grateful for another day. Except when I am not; then I just offer it up, get up, move up and down the hall a bit and then go feed the dogs.
I want to complain about my keyboard. That is supposed to be 94. The keyboard is at fault and it should be put in the time out corner.
"Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." :mrgreen:
I was wondering about the age thing but didn't take the time to check it out. If he can add years like that, why am I not allowed to subtract them? That's no fair!
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

GaryK wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:21 pm
ohio jones wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:48 pm November 30, 2022:
MaxPC wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:53 pm Re rv lifestyle: we traveled a bit after my retirement. We sold the farm to one of our children and decided to travel. Now we live in a prefab house and have a small garden. We are both in our 80s and it was time to settle in again.
April 3, 2023:
MaxPC wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:01 am Additionally I will be celebrating my 90th birthday in the next month. We have a busy schedule for the next few. May you all remember Christ’s sacrifice for our sins. Amen.
November 28, 2023:
MaxPC wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:58 pm
I want to complain about my keyboard. That is supposed to be 94. The keyboard is at fault and it should be put in the time out corner.
"Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." :mrgreen:
I was wondering about the age thing but didn't take the time to check it out. If he can add years like that, why am I not allowed to subtract them? That's no fair!
Wife: Hey, my grandma is still going strong at 29, and if anyone suggests otherwise, they might get a little something coming to them that's worse than just a complaint.
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I finally unpacked my birth certificate. It says I was born in 1929, the month of June. Sometimes it slips up on one. I simply do not overthink it for if I did, I would give up and die. My wife is 90 now. We stopped counting at 89 unless the government asks for birthdates. Then we remember - sometimes. :lol:

I am still dealing with a small keyboard on this phone though. It takes me 6 minutes to type out this short message because I keep hitting the wrong key. At least there are some challenges left in life.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

MaxPC wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm I finally unpacked my birth certificate. It says I was born in 1929, the month of June. Sometimes it slips up on one. I simply do not overthink it for if I did, I would give up and die. My wife is 90 now. We stopped counting at 89 unless the government asks for birthdates. Then we remember - sometimes. :lol:

I am still dealing with a small keyboard on this phone though. It takes me 6 minutes to type out this short message because I keep hitting the wrong key. At least there are some challenges left in life.
You could post faster if you would do like Valerie does. Just stab at the right letter and never mind if it isn't the right one.
3 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:35 pm
MaxPC wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm I finally unpacked my birth certificate. It says I was born in 1929, the month of June. Sometimes it slips up on one. I simply do not overthink it for if I did, I would give up and die. My wife is 90 now. We stopped counting at 89 unless the government asks for birthdates. Then we remember - sometimes. :lol:

You could post faster if you would do like Valerie does. Just stab at the right letter and never mind if it isn't the right one.
Poor Valerie; I understand her dilemma completely.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Valerie's phoneposting would be a good candidate for that new ChatGPT thing where it predicts what you type. (Although I suspect some of the posters here are already using ChatGPT.)
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:49 pm Valerie's phoneposting would be a good candidate for that new ChatGPT thing where it predicts what you type. (Although I suspect some of the posters here are already using ChatGPT.)

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all having a fantastic day! I just wanted to share a funny little moment that happened to me recently, and I couldn't think of a better place to do so than this friendly forum.

So, here's the thing - in the hustle and bustle of interacting online and keeping up with the digital world, sometimes a few amusing mishaps are bound to happen. And well, just like that, I managed to goof up in a rather amusing way. You see, I'm actually 94 years young, but due to some recent virtual adventures, I've caught myself mistakenly claiming to be anywhere from 80 to 90 years old!

It all started innocently enough when I joined a discussion about aging gracefully and decided to pass myself off as a youthful 80-year-old. Then, in another conversation, I accidentally announced that I'm 90 years old. Now, for someone as spry and sharp-witted as me, it's quite embarrassing, but also utterly hilarious. I mean, who wouldn't want to be an ageless wonder, right?

The best part was that I didn't even realize it until a fellow forum member kindly pointed out my inconsistency. Trust me, I had a good chuckle at my own expense. It just goes to show how easy it is to get swept up in the vast and captivating digital realm, where age becomes a blurry concept.

In all honesty, though, it did leave me pondering the fascinating ways modern technology has influenced our lives and shaped our interactions. As a nonagenarian navigating through this digital landscape, I'm constantly amazed at the connections we can forge across entire generations. Being part of this lovely community only further reinforces my belief in the power of genuine human connection, regardless of our personal quirks.

So, dear forum buddies, please forgive my inadvertent acts of digital confusion. Rest assured, with a smile on my face, I'm happily embracing my true 94 years of wisdom, experience, and yes, sometimes a hint of forgetfulness. We all make mistakes, but hey, it's the laughter and camaraderie that make life all the more enjoyable.

Thank you for being such a welcoming and understanding group of individuals. Let's keep sharing stories, knowledge, and laughter as we navigate this magnificent online universe together. Remember, age is just a number, and as long as we keep our spirits young at heart, we'll always find joy in embracing life's little glitches.

Stay wonderful, my friends!

Best regards,

[Your Forum Username]
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Remember, age is just a number
I’ve heard this is not what you want to tell the judge…
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:49 pm Valerie's phoneposting would be a good candidate for that new ChatGPT thing where it predicts what you type. (Although I suspect some of the posters here are already using ChatGPT.)
Phoneposting. That is a good name for it. In my case it should be called Fumbleposting because I am always hitting the wrong buttons or keys.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)