Complainers Thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Complainers Thread

Post by MaxPC »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:26 am A 'life in general' complaint - getting old. I'm looking foward to that new body.
I am 90. Everything creaks but I get up each morning and I am grateful for another day. Except when I am not; then I just offer it up, get up, move up and down the hall a bit and then go feed the dogs.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

MaxPC wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:33 pm
Sudsy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:26 am A 'life in general' complaint - getting old. I'm looking foward to that new body.
I am 90. Everything creaks but I get up each morning and I am grateful for another day. Except when I am not; then I just offer it up, get up, move up and down the hall a bit and then go feed the dogs.
Good on you. My wife had a great uncle that drove Amish until his mid-90's.
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

8-)
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:03 am This is a thread for those who were not raised in a Christian home and are now Christians. Share with us your testimony and some of the before and after life you lived.
I'm scratching my head. What happened to the guy who used to post in every restricted thread complaining about being excluded?
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:09 am
Sudsy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:03 am This is a thread for those who were not raised in a Christian home and are now Christians. Share with us your testimony and some of the before and after life you lived.
I'm scratching my head. What happened to the guy who used to post in every restricted thread complaining about being excluded?
You are such a complainer. Don’t you ever have anything nice? I’m annoyed that everyone posts.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:09 am
I don't know of such a guy. I will complain though about using exaggerations to make a point. :)
2 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I want to complain about my keyboard. That is supposed to be 94. The keyboard is at fault and it should be put in the time out corner.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:58 pm
I want to complain about my keyboard. That is supposed to be 94. The keyboard is at fault and it should be put in the time out corner.
Good for you Max! You make 94 seem younger!
1 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

November 30, 2022:
MaxPC wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:53 pm Re rv lifestyle: we traveled a bit after my retirement. We sold the farm to one of our children and decided to travel. Now we live in a prefab house and have a small garden. We are both in our 80s and it was time to settle in again.
April 3, 2023:
MaxPC wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:01 am Additionally I will be celebrating my 90th birthday in the next month. We have a busy schedule for the next few. May you all remember Christ’s sacrifice for our sins. Amen.
November 28, 2023:
MaxPC wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:58 pm
"Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." :mrgreen:
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I hope my posting career is still going just as strong when I'm 94. You folks are going to have to put up with another five decades of me (and just imagine how much higher my post count will get).
1 x