Finally did it... bought another car.

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: 2010 Dodge GC for sale

Post by Neto »

Neto wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:03 pm I'm getting my 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan ready to sell.
And the 2009 Dodge Journey may follow along soon after it.

The 2010 has nearly 140K on the clock. It has the full tow package, rated at 3600 Lbs tow capacity. 4.0L V6, heavy-duty transmission cooler, heavy-duty radiator, over-load system with automatic leveling (additional air bags in the rear). Class III OEM hitch. Other extras: Stow-n-Go 2nd & 3rd row seating. (With the rear seats all down in the floor, you get a full length flat hauling space of 4 x 8.) And, I bought it from UnderShepherd.

The 2009 was a Florida car, & has around 105K miles on it. Base model, no cruise, no third row seating.

(Why am I writing all of this stuff out, like I'm trying to make an actual ad?!?)
Ready to sell this vehicle.
Still under 140,000 miles. It was pulling to the right, with that tire showing some wear. Had it in an area shop, & they said it was a brake caliper issue in the front, they replaced both. Swapped that tire over to the left side, and now it pulls that way, so I don't think there is an alignment issue.

You can see the complete build sheet at the following MoPar site:
https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice ... X3AR403502

This build sheet shows everything on the Tow Package except for the OEM hitch, which I installed myself, following the OEM instructions. Rated at 3,600 lbs for Class III towing.
(You can compare this one to other MoPar vehicles by just replacing the VIN with that of another MoPar vehicle.)

Other extras not on the build sheet:
Complete set of Chrysler rubber mats, including a liner for the luggage well in the rear, which doubles as the 3rd row seat in-floor storage. (I need to re-install those seats, as I've had them out since very soon after I purchased the car in late September of 2015. It had just over 109,000 miles on it then, so you can tell that we've not put a lot of miles on it since then. Reason for selling: Got a small camper, and decided not to pull it with this vehicle, so purchased a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic for hauling and towing. The only thing I have ever pulled with this Dodge is an open-box aluminum trailer, built by Eby Trailer in PA. It is the 4x8 model, and it's light enough that I can easily move it around the yard by hand. Hauled some furniture a couple of times, and a load of trash a few times, the rest just a scoop & a half of bark mulch per load, from the mulch place a couple of miles from our house.

Negatives:
That tire needs to be replaced, and it wouldn't hurt to replace both fronts. The rears are Blizzaks - one winter's use on the front.
The A/C make cold when charged, but it doesn't hold the charge. I suspect a leak in the under-body lines to the rear A/C unit.

If anyone here is interested, send me a private message with your email address, & I can send my telephone number and pictures (plus more information) via email. (Josh asked me to let him know, so that's mostly why I'm posting this here.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Finally did it... bought another car.

Post by MaxPC »

This one comes with a matching boat if you like to fish.
1957 DeSoto
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God