For those that have seen The Passion of Christ...

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

For those that have seen The Passion of Christ...

Post by steve-in-kville »

I am sticking my neck out on this one.... our family has The Passion on DVD and it is a bit heavy for the younger children. The man to the right is Shawn Ryan, an ex-special forces operator who recently became a Christian. He hosts a podcast that I follow loosely. The man he is interviewing played Jesus in The Passion. This particular snippet talks about spiritual warfare.

There is a little "big boy" language which I plan to discuss in another thread down the road. Watch, discuss, whatever. I found this to be an interesting podcast, for sure 8-)

0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville

Re: For those that have seen The Passion of Christ...

(P.S. I won't tell your bishop about the "video machine" you keep in your closet. Promise. ;) )
0 x

Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:22 am (P.S. I won't tell your bishop about the "video machine" you keep in your closet. Promise. ;) )
No need. I watched The Passion when it came out in theatres.

Admittedly, watching it didn’t seem to do me much good.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:51 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:22 am (P.S. I won't tell your bishop about the "video machine" you keep in your closet. Promise. ;) )
No need. I watched The Passion when it came out in theatres.

Admittedly, watching it didn’t seem to do me much good.
I made myself go see it.
Also, anyone that takes Grace for granted should see it.

I remember the reports of some pretty bizarre things happening while filming that one would have to conclude Satan did not want this movie to be released.

The man who played Jesus, is the star of the movie released on July 4th called "The Sound of Freedom". It is a true story and a movie I believe everyone should see about the horrific child sex trafficking business. One cannot believe the depravity of mankind could be so wicked, I made myself go see this movie. Some movies help create those visions in your mind that you don't want to go away unless you become too complacent.

This movie too, was met with much opposition to get released it took 5 years, there are those that did not want it released. You detest the truth of it yet to see how people risk their lives to free children makes you realize there are those willing to lay their life down for a child that they don't even know.
1 x
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

I’ve never seen the Passion of the Christ, hope that’s not a problem. (If it is you can tell the bishop I have my video machine in my hand right now.)

///

He was pretty vague about what he actually meant throughout the video, but I was uncomfortable with the idea of “sheepdogs” and “converted wolves” as if some of us have an exemption to being sent out as sheep among wolves and Jesus might actually want a few of us to be sent out as wolves among wolves. (Particularly as he followed it up implying that he would fight anyone who “talks smack about my God”—the demons apparently set aside.)
0 x
steve-in-kville

Valerie wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:21 pm

I remember the reports of some pretty bizarre things happening while filming that one would have to conclude Satan did not want this movie to be released.
I heard the same. Didn't someone get hit by lightning while filming?
0 x

Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

steve-in-kville wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:03 am
Valerie wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:21 pm

I heard the same. Didn't someone get hit by lightning while filming?
Yes- the man who syed Jesus, Jim Cavie,el:

"The cast and crew were filming the Sermon on the Mount scene and, on the fifth take, Caviezel was struck. The lightning strike led to two heart surgeries, including an open-heart surgery, along with "lots of medication." The actor said the issue was "finally corrected" in 2014."
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Yes, I saw this movie in our local theatre and some local evangelical churches were given a space in the theatre to share the Gospel with anyone who wanted to discuss the movie after they seen it. I don't recall just how many there were who came to these counselling sessions after the movie but there were some who reportedly became Christ followers through this way of evangelizing. Wow, that was some 20 years ago. Time flies.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
steve-in-kville

Pelerin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:21 pm
He was pretty vague about what he actually meant throughout the video, but I was uncomfortable with the idea of “sheepdogs” and “converted wolves” as if some of us have an exemption to being sent out as sheep among wolves and Jesus might actually want a few of us to be sent out as wolves among wolves. (Particularly as he followed it up implying that he would fight anyone who “talks smack about my God”—the demons apparently set aside.)
That had me a bit confused as well. I want to watch/listen to the entire podcast at some point.
0 x