IQ by religion

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: IQ by religion

Post by Josh »

IQ tests are not aptitude tests and are in fact designed to filter out things that can affect aptitude such as level of education. Two people with the same IQ should give the same result, even if one goes and gets a Ph.D and the other drops out of school and lives as a homeless drunk.
0 x
Franklin
Affiliation: Old Testament

Post by Franklin »

Soloist wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:52 pm Self organizing systems range from fat molecules to other things. Did you ever read the book I recommended? I can send it to you if you would read it.
Sorry, I forgot which book you recommended. What is it again? I will take a look.
0 x
Franklin
Affiliation: Old Testament

Post by Franklin »

Soloist wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:56 pm That V the birds make contains no known data, the fat contains no added data from grouping, the traffic flow isn't data although it certainly can be expressed as data. crystalline structures certainly can contain data but are formed following chemical constants a creator established.
I am not sure what you mean by "data" but according to information theory, any kind of organization contains information.
Self organizing system with examples of birds and termites do not support the inference that DNA can randomly group up into data of a useful grouping. We certainly have done a number of experiments without creating life. The incredible detail gone into trying just shows the improbability of life spontaneously occurring.
And what is the probability of God? Isn't this a silly question? To quote you earlier in this post:
Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean there isn't something going on we haven't yet identified.
Understanding science requires the same humility as understanding God. In both cases there may be things that we will never understand because we aren't smart enough to figure them out. And the origin of life may be one of these. We do know that self-organizing systems can produce complexity, so it is entirely possible that life started this way even if we can't figure out exactly how.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Franklin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:44 pm I am not sure what you mean by "data" but according to information theory, any kind of organization contains information.
I think this point would end up lost in the weeds really. I agree that a brick contains information, but would argue it doesn’t contain data. The chemistry behind the brick is data I suppose, just like gravity is data, but I would say there is a difference between that sort of data and a computer program or a genetic code. I’m not going to keep on this point though.
And what is the probability of God? Isn't this a silly question? To quote you earlier in this post:
Yes, it is a silly question. God either is or is not. There is no testable data to support or deny God. Using simple probability math, there wouldn’t even hardly be a starting point. To speculate on the probability of DNA forming into a strand of useful data is a very low chance, with all the factors. God, on the other hand, would have all those probabilities and the impossible factor. We can see the results of creation or results of the Big Bang but there is no way to see which one is right aside from dying. The probability of the Big Bang would be equivalent in my mind to God.
Understanding science requires the same humility as understanding God. In both cases there may be things that we will never understand because we aren't smart enough to figure them out. And the origin of life may be one of these. We do know that self-organizing systems can produce complexity, so it is entirely possible that life started this way even if we can't figure out exactly how.
Nothing in our world continues to increase in complexity outside of our own knowledge. We continue to see increasing genetic problems in multiple species and the universe follows the principles of entropy in every situation. We can explain away it repeatedly, but we see it everywhere.
Complexity is not a sign of evolution, nor is it spontaneous.
I sent you the book information
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat