Affiliation: non-denominational

Study on Amish/COVID/Vaccine/ Death Rate

Post by Valerie »

0 x
Sliceitup
Affiliation: Keystone, for now

Re: Study on Amish/COVID/Vaccine/ Death Rate

Post by Sliceitup »

I’m shocked that anyone would consider that a study. He says he heard of five Amish people who died with Covid but couldn’t find them or confirm their names or anything. I mean, I heard a lot of things too, and I can do some basic math, but that doesn’t mean I’ve conducted a study. Hesslich, this is the kind of research they listen to in the state senate?

I’m also not completely sure if he says no Amish adults have autoimmune disorders or if that was strictly in reference to kids. Cause I know Amish adults have those types of diseases.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Sliceitup wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:39 pm I’m shocked that anyone would consider that a study. He says he heard of five Amish people who died with Covid but couldn’t find them or confirm their names or anything. I mean, I heard a lot of things too, and I can do some basic math, but that doesn’t mean I’ve conducted a study. Hesslich, this is the kind of research they listen to in the state senate?

I’m also not completely sure if he says no Amish adults have autoimmune disorders or if that was strictly in reference to kids. Cause I know Amish adults have those types of diseases.
Nonetheless, it is true that autism is surprisingly rare amongst Amish and it is also surprising how few Covid deaths there were, particularly considering in Holmes Co. that basically nobody shut down or isolated at all and that vaccination rates are as low as 15% there.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Made up until they publish their actual data and how they gathered it.

Their own website doesn't mention this study at all and reads like a political website against the vaccine. The autism statement is nonsense...
Autism has been around far longer then vaccines. My own son who died was autistic and we very specifically did not vaccinate until it was obvious that he was.

Fact: Amish and Mennonite are very skeptical of the cause of death and if this guy is going around interviewing people they are more likely to say that the person died of something else.
Fact: Amish people were not somehow united in a stance against wearing masks.
Kirsch first described talking with the family of the lone Amish man in Lancaster County who allegedly died from Covid.

Speaking to the family, Kirsch found out they actually didn’t know if he passed from the virus because the claim was made by the hospital where the man died.

“Maybe he died from the Covid hospital protocols,” Kirsch told the State Senate about the Amish man.
Exactly what I said. Hospital says he died of Covid, family doesn't know.

This sort of data can be led by the nose almost anywhere.
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:48 pmFact: Amish and Mennonite are very skeptical of the cause of death and if this guy is going around interviewing people they are more likely to say that the person died of something else.
I would generally trust the family's opinion of cause of death vs questionable reports such as one I was aware of where someone had a vehicle accident, died, and was listed as died of covid (because they had a positive result). Stuff like that caused the community to be quite sceptical.
Fact: Amish people were not somehow united in a stance against wearing masks.
Not 100% united, but sure was pretty close.

Some would wear them required in food service related jobs so some enterprising individual invented something that legally was a "mask" made out of clear plastic which did touch the nose and chin and loop behind the ears, but otherwise was not a mask at all. Those became near-universal at restaurants, delis, and so forth.

I can barely remember seeing any Amish people with masks on.

Personally, if I need a good source of "data", interviewing plain people is a great place to start. After spending years working in administration I am quite sceptical of "data" put out from agencies like hospitals.
0 x
Sliceitup

Post by Sliceitup »

Josh wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:40 pm
Sliceitup wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:39 pm I’m shocked that anyone would consider that a study. He says he heard of five Amish people who died with Covid but couldn’t find them or confirm their names or anything. I mean, I heard a lot of things too, and I can do some basic math, but that doesn’t mean I’ve conducted a study. Hesslich, this is the kind of research they listen to in the state senate?

Nonetheless, it is true that autism is surprisingly rare amongst Amish and it is also surprising how few Covid deaths there were, particularly considering in Holmes Co. that basically nobody shut down or isolated at all and that vaccination rates are as low as 15% there.
My guess is that autism will start being diagnosed more frequently. I have a sibling that is a textbook case but has never been diagnosed. I also have a child with it and I don’t know if we would ever have suspected it if it weren’t for a teacher that pointed it out. In hindsight it’s so obvious.

As for the Amish death rate, I’m not sure on specifics, but apparently The Budget does a year end list of deaths, or something similar, and it was mentioned that it was noticeably higher. But yes, surprisingly few when one considers the precautions they didn’t take.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Sliceitup wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:59 pm
My guess is that autism will start being diagnosed more frequently. I have a sibling that is a textbook case but has never been diagnosed. I also have a child with it and I don’t know if we would ever have suspected it if it weren’t for a teacher that pointed it out. In hindsight it’s so obvious.

As for the Amish death rate, I’m not sure on specifics, but apparently The Budget does a year end list of deaths, or something similar, and it was mentioned that it was noticeably higher. But yes, surprisingly few when one considers the precautions they didn’t take.
Budget likely would be one of the better ways to gather that data ironically.
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh

Post by Josh »

Sliceitup wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:59 pmMy guess is that autism will start being diagnosed more frequently. I have a sibling that is a textbook case but has never been diagnosed. I also have a child with it and I don’t know if we would ever have suspected it if it weren’t for a teacher that pointed it out. In hindsight it’s so obvious.
Those diagnoses sound questionable (teachers are not qualified to diagnose autism). Autism is pretty obvious.
Almost as if those "precautions" made no difference or actually made things worse.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

MIT labeled both Steve KIrsh and the so-called Vaccine Safety Research Foundation that he founded as a COVID misinformation superspreaders https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/1 ... formation/

If you google his name you find a lot of articles questioning information that he has put out.

Apparently some of the scientists that he lists as advisors on his web site have disavowed him and his organization but he still keeps their names up on his web page anyway.
Last edited by Ken on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Sliceitup

Post by Sliceitup »

Josh wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:25 pm
Sliceitup wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:59 pmMy guess is that autism will start being diagnosed more frequently. I have a sibling that is a textbook case but has never been diagnosed. I also have a child with it and I don’t know if we would ever have suspected it if it weren’t for a teacher that pointed it out. In hindsight it’s so obvious.
Those diagnoses sound questionable (teachers are not qualified to diagnose autism). Autism is pretty obvious.
The diagnosis for my child was made after a years worth of testing by medical professionals. I didn’t say that teachers are qualified. But nonetheless, the teacher mentioned it, said this might not be the case, but I wanted to let you know.

It’s frustrating feeling like I need to justify the details of my life to you.
0 x