Study on Amish/COVID/Vaccine/ Death Rate

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Study on Amish/COVID/Vaccine/ Death Rate

Post by Ernie »

Josh wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:54 pmThe fact it took years to notice makes me think this was probably a misdiagnosis. Autism is pretty obvious
Could you indicate why we should believe that Austism is pretty obvious?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Ken wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:03 pmWhat does the word "spectrum" mean to you, Josh?
And are you always willing to jump in with unwanted medical diagnoses after reading 3 lines of text that someone wrote?
My observation is that Josh sees most things as black or white.
I've tried repeatedly to urge more nuanced conversation and view more issues on a spectrum, rather than viewing most of life through the lens of extremes on either end of a spectrum. I've decided that for now, such urgings are probably not so helpful.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

My son was obvious. The young lady at church is obvious. While I don’t consider myself autistic, I’m now technically on the spectrum.

Not every medical condition is obvious at first. Trying to say that you can diagnose something based on stereotypical symptoms is short sighted.
You cannot diagnose diabetes by interacting with someone. You may be able to diagnose autism depending on how well “trained” they are. I mean no offense by that but some mid range functioning to high functioning learn scripted behavior. Most people would decide they are weird.
I doubt Josh would think of me as autistic. The simple fact is that medical doesn’t work on a black white system with everything.
Just about every medical condition has a few varieties. We could break each one into different diagnoses but when treatments can fit multiple varieties, it makes less sense.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:12 pm
Josh wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:54 pmThe fact it took years to notice makes me think this was probably a misdiagnosis. Autism is pretty obvious
Could you indicate why we should believe that Austism is pretty obvious?
Classical autism is pretty obvious that someone is not normal.

I believe Sliceitup was talking about perhaps being on the spectrum (what people used to fall Asperger’s) which is a much more nebulous definition.
0 x
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Ernie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:22 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:03 pmWhat does the word "spectrum" mean to you, Josh?
And are you always willing to jump in with unwanted medical diagnoses after reading 3 lines of text that someone wrote?
My observation is that Josh sees most things as black or white.
I've tried repeatedly to urge more nuanced conversation and view more issues on a spectrum, rather than viewing most of life through the lens of extremes on either end of a spectrum. I've decided that for now, such urgings are probably not so helpful.
His black and white brings a bit of reference to most discussions that is helpful.
1 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.