Sasquatch - BigFoot - Big Foot

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

BigFoot - Sasquatch - What is it?

1. BigFoot is just a fun joke.
8%
2. BigFoot is a ridiculous but funny delusion.
33%
3. BigFoot (Sasquatch) is simply a mythological belief originating from native peoples of the American NorthWest.
No votes
4. BigFoot is real, but I don't have an opinion as to what it is.
8%
5. BigFoot is a work of the Devil (allowing people to see what will divert their attention from what is important).
8%
6. BigFoot is the appearance of an evil spirit.
8%
7. There really is a BigFoot.
8%
8. Something else, which I will explain in a post.
25%

Total votes: 12

Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Sasquatch - BigFoot - Big Foot

Post by Neto »

My wife & I have been looking for a used pickup, and yesterday we ran across a used car lot owner who freely "advertises" two things -
Christianity as a follower of Jesus, testifying to being very blessed, and
BigFoot.

I did a search here, and the best introduction post is this one, from Robert, posted in the "Conspiracy Theories I Can Believe In" thread:
Robert wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:02 am I was sure Bigfoot was a fun delusion until this year's Expedition Bigfoot show where they actually found some DNA. One person on the team is a well known Primatologist. I came away with more knowledge of evidence than delusional fancy. I really think there is something now.

I think there is a Lock Ness monster. I think it is a breed of giant Eels. They have found some DNA suggesting that too. I doubt it is some creature that lifts it's head out of the water.
So, what is it?
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Sasquatch - BigFoot - Big Foot

Post by MaxPC »

Allegedly very recent reports (last 100 years or so) have noted seeing what appears to be a group of Neanderthals who lived in isolation near the Arctic Circle. Truth? Mistaken ID? Hoax?

Nothing is definitive until one is collected dead or alive.

That being said, I see quite a few BF hoaxes that have been exposed. Motivation is usually money; a few are lonely individuals desperate seeking attention.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Hoaxes, all.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I kind of already described my thoughts in the OP.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

This guy we were talking to said that it is a fulfillment of a prophecy in the book of the Revelation, something about there being 'giants in the land in the latter days'. (I haven't looked for it, but I do not recall anything about that at the moment. Reminds me of something a guy on my floor of the dormitory my Freshman year of Bible school, his response to any critical comment was "Coldness in the latter days! They said it would be like that!)
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Neto wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:07 pm This guy we were talking to said that it is a fulfillment of a prophecy in the book of the Revelation, something about there being 'giants in the land in the latter days'. (I haven't looked for it, but I do not recall anything about that at the moment. Reminds me of something a guy on my floor of the dormitory my Freshman year of Bible school, his response to any critical comment was "Coldness in the latter days! They said it would be like that!)
So much for global warming .... :laugh
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

My opinion is that we don't know, but it would be fun to discover the reality of this creature--which is why I think many like to believe in it.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

RZehr wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:10 amHoaxes, all.
No its not 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

A friend of mine and sister in the faith informed me that Bigfoot is actually a whole family and that they prefer not to be seen or bothered. First time I’d heard there is more than one of them.
0 x