What beverages do you enjoy?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

What beverages do you enjoy?

Post by steve-in-kville »

Either on any typical day or for a special occassion?

I won't judge (or tell the bishop ;) .
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville

Re: What beverages do you enjoy?

I enjoy my morning coffee, just like many others. Tried quitting but life just wasn't the same.

I drink a ton of water throughout the day, nothing special. Never was an iced tea, energy drink or soda person.

On a special occasion I will have sparkling cider or ice-cold ginger ale.

I'll think of more later....
0 x

Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Coke Zero. Whilst this is “strong drink” and probably detrimental to health, we all have our vices.

McDonald’s recently raised the price for a 32oz from $1.07 to $1.37 (with tax). (Ohio doesn’t have a tax on food, but there is a “sin tax” on soda.) This is complicating my “supply lines”.

Lately I’ve been enjoying making “juice cubes” by putting juice in an ice tray and then pouring juice over that. Stays ice cold and doesn’t get diluted.

I also like taking lime and lemon juice and raw sugar mixed with boiling water and then shaking vigorously with ice. If I do it just right, it’s more dilute at the top than bottom so as the ice melts it stays just right. (If doing keto, substitute Lankato for raw sugar.)

Nothing is as refreshing as fresh Guernsey / Jewsey milk from a good herdshare, shaken before being poured. Drinks like a milkshake.

Finally, our well water is amazing. It sports a pH of 6.0 which keeps it very fresh tasting. We enjoy it straight from tap to glass.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Morning coffee but rest of the day drink decaf iced tea- alternate between black tea and green tea.
0 x
steve-in-kville

One of the few things on McDonald's menu that I liked was their chocolate milkshake and the sweet tea. Before the pandemic, I could have a large coffee and a large sweet tea for $2.12. I would get that on my way to watching trains early on a Saturday morning.
Last time I got them both, it was all of $5.
0 x

ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:11 pm On a special occasion I will have sparkling cider or ice-cold ginger ale.
Cranberry juice with ginger ale. Bonus points if it's cranberry ginger ale.
3 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

As a Brit, I drink tea, both hot and cold. A hot cuppa of Early Grey is my standard morning beverage. My taste buds truly enjoy the bergamot of a good Earl Grey and fortunately Twinings does sell it here in the USA.

When I relocated to the US decades ago, I became enamoured of (addicted to) the Southern Sweet Tea. Carbonated drinks do not sit well in my digestive tract.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Guarana
Agua Tonica com Quinino (Tonic Water with Quinine)

For awhile they had a pop just called called Citrus there, but apparently it didn't go over with "real Brazilians", because they didn't have it very long. Really liked it myself. The pop in Brazil uses real juices more than they do for the American market. I've heard that it is like that in Europe as well.

(I seldom drink pop here in the States, but occasionally have a Root Bear, or a Sprite. We sometimes also have that "Sparkling Juice" for special occasions. On long distance trips I drink a bit Dr. Pepper to stay awake. I do not drink coffee at all - doctor's orders.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
steve-in-kville

ohio jones wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:33 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:11 pm On a special occasion I will have sparkling cider or ice-cold ginger ale.
Cranberry juice with ginger ale. Bonus points if it's cranberry ginger ale.
50/50? Sounds worth a try.
0 x

Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:26 pm One of the few things on McDonald's menu that I liked was their chocolate milkshake and the sweet tea. Before the pandemic, I could have a large coffee and a large sweet tea for $2.12. I would get that on my way to watching trains early on a Saturday morning.
Last time I got them both, it was all of $5.
You have to use the mobile app for decent prices. You can buy a coffee any size for $1 with the mobile app, which seems like a decent deal. Sweet tea is $1.79 which is just too expensive for me.
0 x