What beverages do you enjoy?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: What beverages do you enjoy?

Post by Joy »

Rooibos tea most every morning for me; it is an herbal tea with loads of health benefits. I buy a supply when I am in South Africa, but it can also be found in many grocery stores, and can be easily bought online.

For special occasions, raspberry Juicy Juice mixed with raspberry Zevia makes a delightful punch with no sugar.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

Mostly herbal/fruit tea, preferably from my own garden herbs. No sugar. Probably three liters a day.

That and quite a lot of coffee.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Joy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:19 pm For special occasions, raspberry Juicy Juice mixed with raspberry Zevia makes a delightful punch with no sugar.
Correction: Not raspberry, but cherry JJ/black cherry soda.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Coffee and meadow tea. (Meadow tea is a mint tea that often grew wild in meadows.)
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:26 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:26 pm One of the few things on McDonald's menu that I liked was their chocolate milkshake and the sweet tea. Before the pandemic, I could have a large coffee and a large sweet tea for $2.12. I would get that on my way to watching trains early on a Saturday morning.
Last time I got them both, it was all of $5.
You have to use the mobile app for decent prices. You can buy a coffee any size for $1 with the mobile app, which seems like a decent deal. Sweet tea is $1.79 which is just too expensive for me.
WifeYeah, I was sad when McDonald’s no longer carried dollar drinks. I get unsweet tea from the gas station. All of May, they were actually having free fountain drinks/coffee/slushy‘s for a grand opening and we all had a ball, but otherwise, you can get the equivalent of a McDonald’s large drink for anywhere from $.70 to a dollar, and some places like Circle K even have a sip and save program, which works for their 40 ounce teas too. That’s probably my vice because I could easily make it at home, but it doesn’t taste right I add true lemon lemonade to my unsweet tea. My other vice is coke zero often mixed with regular Coke, but because I love my husband, I try to avoid it.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

An ice cold beer.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I can second that if we add “root” to that.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Red Rose Tea. Canadian Black tea, but smooth and no bitter after taste. Easy to drink with no sugar.

Caffeinated in the morning, and decaf afternoon and evenings.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Sliceitup
Affiliation: Keystone, for now

Post by Sliceitup »

My vice is sun tea. I keep lowering the sugar content, and would love to not drink it regularly, but there’s usually a point in the day where I need a bit of caffeine. Not a coffee fan. I also like ice cold water. I keep an insulated water bottle with me at most times.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Sliceitup wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:01 pm My vice is sun tea. I keep lowering the sugar content, and would love to not drink it regularly, but there’s usually a point in the day where I need a bit of caffeine. Not a coffee fan. I also like ice cold water. I keep an insulated water bottle with me at most times.
I have two large 32 oz. Nalgene bottles. One at work, one at home. I haven't tracked my fluid intake in a while but it's nothing to consume north of two gallon/day over the summer. That is with heavy walking sessions.

To keep it interesting, I have been known to add a few slices of lemon and cucumber, just to keep things fromgetting dull.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!