Buying Cars

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Buying Cars

Post by Ernie »

I'm wanting to buy a car within about 200 miles of me. Looking for a Civic, Corolla, or Forte.
Is there any site that finds cars from various sites? Something comparable to Kayak for travel searches.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Re: Buying Cars

Post by PeterG »

Autotempest.com is probably what you're looking for.
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

undershepherd?
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

temporal1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:28 am undershepherd?
We purchased a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan from him in the Fall of 2015. He's experienced in auto repair as well, and it's a good area to get a vehicle from, because they don't have the road salt problem there. (Not a lot of snow.) However, I don't think he keeps used car stock like he did before he became an auctioneer. Mountain Valley Motors.

The GC is my work car, and we also still have the 2009 Dodge Journey we bought in 2010 in Sarasota. It was replaced as the "Sunday go meeting" vehicle / family car last Fall. I'm conflicted about which one to sell off, or maybe both, and get a PU. (Watched a really nice 1996 Dodge RAM 2500 w/ the Cummins diesel in it sell through Undersheperd's auction site. Only had 52K on the clock. Went for $36K.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

PeterG wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:10 am Autotempest.com is probably what you're looking for.
Thank you.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Is there a site that shows used cars for a particular year from best to worst reliability and average price?

I might be willing to buy a bit less reliable car but still good if the price is much lower than a bit more reliable car.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Just be careful. Apparently there are a lot of flood-damaged cars out there, especially from the recent hurricane in Florida where I think it is still possible to "wash" titles if you are unscrupulous.

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/2022 ... -the-road/
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

My next car is gonna be bought online. We're in the market now and I quickly remembered why I don't like car shopping :o
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:26 pmI quickly remembered why I don't like car shopping :o
I despise it. :-(
0 x
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

Ernie wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:24 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:26 pmI quickly remembered why I don't like car shopping :o
I despise it. :-(
Glad to hear I am not the only one
0 x