Insomnia? Or Two Sleeps?

Post by MaxPC »

Two sleeps
It may not be insomnia after all.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2022 ... asic-sleep
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Insomnia? Or Two Sleeps?

Post by Szdfan »

MaxPC wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 pm Two sleeps
It may not be insomnia after all.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2022 ... asic-sleep
I've seen other articles that mention that. It's something I'm considering experimenting with during summer break.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

intriguing.
1 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Interesting. I now often wake up around 12:30 or so, then lie awake for some time before getting back to sleep. But my main comment is that our closest neighbor in the village would often wake up in the middle of the night, and play his radio. Pretty loud. (My wife blamed me for it, because I sold the batteries to him.) And the two houses were quite close, and our house only had screen in the upper part of the walls, and his was only palha (woven palm leaf walls). The last time we were there in the village, their house was even closer, because he had built a new one in the area where we had always set up our clothes lines. (They periodically rebuild, usually beside the existing house, then eventually tear the old one down. Our house there is now the oldest structure there, by many years.)
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Neto wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:15 pm Interesting. I now often wake up around 12:30 or so, then lie awake for some time before getting back to sleep. But my main comment is that our closest neighbor in the village would often wake up in the middle of the night, and play his radio. Pretty loud. (My wife blamed me for it, because I sold the batteries to him.) And the two houses were quite close, and our house only had screen in the upper part of the walls, and his was only palha (woven palm leaf walls). The last time we were there in the village, their house was even closer, because he had built a new one in the area where we had always set up our clothes lines. (They periodically rebuild, usually beside the existing house, then eventually tear the old one down. Our house there is now the oldest structure there, by many years.)
Neto, do you regularly go back to the village?
1 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

HondurasKeiser wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:24 pm
Neto wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:15 pm Interesting. I now often wake up around 12:30 or so, then lie awake for some time before getting back to sleep. But my main comment is that our closest neighbor in the village would often wake up in the middle of the night, and play his radio. Pretty loud. (My wife blamed me for it, because I sold the batteries to him.) And the two houses were quite close, and our house only had screen in the upper part of the walls, and his was only palha (woven palm leaf walls). The last time we were there in the village, their house was even closer, because he had built a new one in the area where we had always set up our clothes lines. (They periodically rebuild, usually beside the existing house, then eventually tear the old one down. Our house there is now the oldest structure there, by many years.)
Neto, do you regularly go back to the village?
We went back at least within every two years for some time, to maintain our permanent residency status in Brazil, but it became a financial burden, and also more difficult to schedule after I started a manufacturing business here which sometimes involves unexpected service work. The first time we went back we were there for an extended time, maybe up to 2 months, doing the Luke film dubbing project. Then later there was a major flood in the Porto Velho, Rondonia area that affected the mission center where we had lived. We needed to return later that year, but the well had flooded, the road out there from PVH was under a meter of river mud, so nearly impassible. The burden on the mission had become so great that they abandoned the mission center during the following year. (I think the flood was in 2014.) So we didn't go back, and lost our permanent residency. This means that we could no longer legally stay in the village, because it is an Indian reserve, under government ownership, and strict regulations. A very short visit would not cause an issue, but it would be risky if Indian Agency officials arrived in the village while we were there. There is the chance that the government would give us permanent residency again when we re-entered the country, but it is probably more uncertain now, with the government change there.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.