jm's experiment.

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
justme
Affiliation: hermit

jm's experiment.

Post by justme »

So as most of you regulars are aware, over in jm's random thots, we've been discussing an experiment.

Josh, Bootstrap, and temporal1 have agreed to join in this experiment.
justme wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:18 pm here was my original proposal
justme wrote:they will need to be completely silent on mn for one week. all 4 in the same week. with a specific start time, and a specific stop time.
No posting, No hearts, No private messages, no 2nd account, NOTHING.
here's the deal. this experiment is more than just not responding to one certain person's posts. this experiment is more than just a passive aggressive, or the silent treatment towards one person. and i also think that it will be very hard to not be able to respond to a posting that was done in response to one of yours. i'm trying to remove that one piece of hardship for this experiment.

here's the next proposal. if Bootstrap, Josh, Temporal are willing to move on without Ken, then i will accept that. it's not what i was wanting, but i'll accept it.
are you willing to start wed morning, May 3, 7 am to 7 am on the 10th?
2 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Re: jm's experiment.

Post by justme »

justme wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:38 pm i'd like to do an experiment

i'd like to give $70.00 each to Josh, Temporal1, Ken, and Bootstrap
they will need to be completely silent on mn for one week. all 4 in the same week. with a specific start time, and a specific stop time.

if one person breaks it, no one gets anything.
if one person other than Josh, Temporal1, Ken, or Bootstrap brings me proof that even one of the 4 has broken the rules, that one person will get $70.00, and Josh, Temporal1, Ken, and Bootstrap get nothing

the purpose of the experiment is to see what mn is like without the posters who are most at each other's throat. i would like to see if other people start posting if they know that they won't be drowned out by certain posters. i could do it one person at a time, but that only means that the others get free time without being set straight by their nemesis.
Ken doesn't appear willing to be part of the experiment, and the other 3 have agreed to continue without him. so that's what we are planning on.

i will lock this thread after i know that Josh, Bootstrap, and temporal1 have seen the start and stop dates.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ok.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

justme wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:01 pm are you willing to start wed morning, May 3, 7 am to 7 am on the 10th?
Yes.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

.. .. is read-only ok? .. ..

i’m willing because i respect jm as a forum mod and a person, not for money.

i’m happy to say, i don’t expect a bounty will have to be paid - (altho, in the past, there were a couple of ornery ones who crossed lines, trying to be more clever than mods over requests/warnings). they were not more clever! :P (i don’t foresee that now.)

regarding cash that might come to me:
i wrote:
“In the event,” my request would be for Robert’s forum operating costs.

i wish everyone a good week, and look forward to seeing results. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

justme wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:08 pm
Ken doesn't appear willing to be part of the experiment, and the other 3 have agreed to continue without him. so that's what we are planning on.

i will lock this thread after i know that Josh, Bootstrap, and temporal1 have seen the start and stop dates.
I will totally ignore his posts until this is over. Maybe the rest of us can do that as a sign of solidarity to this experiment.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Robert wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:34 am

I will totally ignore his posts until this is over. Maybe the rest of us can do that as a sign of solidarity to this experiment.
I'll join you in this...
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Ernie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:05 am
Robert wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:34 am

I'll join you in this...
Likewise.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

Robert wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:34 amI will totally ignore his posts until this is over. Maybe the rest of us can do that as a sign of solidarity to this experiment.
I don’t really feel comfortable with the idea of everyone ganging up to ignore one certain person, though it would probably be good to ignore all posts of a certain type. Not that I expect my contribution will affect much either way as I already don’t react to 99% of Ken’s posts—or 99% of the other posts on the forum.
2 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

justme wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:01 pm So as most of you regulars are aware, over in jm's random thots, we've been discussing an experiment.

Josh, Bootstrap, and temporal1 have agreed to join in this experiment.
justme wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:18 pm here was my original proposal
justme wrote:they will need to be completely silent on mn for one week. all 4 in the same week. with a specific start time, and a specific stop time.
here's the deal. this experiment is more than just not responding to one certain person's posts. this experiment is more than just a passive aggressive, or the silent treatment towards one person. and i also think that it will be very hard to not be able to respond to a posting that was done in response to one of yours. i'm trying to remove that one piece of hardship for this experiment.

here's the next proposal. if Bootstrap, Josh, Temporal are willing to move on without Ken, then i will accept that. it's not what i was wanting, but i'll accept it.
are you willing to start wed morning, May 3, 7 am to 7 am on the 10th?
If you guys want a hiatus from me from May 3 to 10 I'll go along and check out too.

I do object to the notion that it is just a select group that affects the tone here. Honestly some of the most aggressively vile and partisan posts I have seen here have been by other regular posters, not us four.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr