Kitchen/cooking things you discovered too late in life?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Kitchen/cooking things you discovered too late in life?

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:36 pm
Air fryer.
My daughter has one we use (more than the microwave).
i can’t justify the expense to buy one for myself.
i made an impulse buy. :mrgreen:
it won’t ship until the end of July, i may not be here. i did it anyway. i can wait. (God willing.)*
i didn’t comparison shop, never heard of the company. didn’t tell my family.
not sure about the color? i did it anyway.

Wonder Oven / blue salt
6-in-1 air fryer and toaster oven with steam infusion
https://fromourplace.com/products/wonder-oven

i have a basic gas range i really like.
i hesitate to use the oven (just for me). this might liven up meals for me quite a bit.
i have a small toaster i’ll continue to use. for company, this fryer might be nice.

i’ve never seen one with steam infusion. not sure what to expect.

* hopefully, not too late! :lol:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

On my last camping trip, it was summer, so rather than build a campfire in the heat, I used the air fryer, and it was very convenient. I loved it.
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i made an impulse buy. :mrgreen:
i cancelled my impulse buy. :(
they sent some “pride” advertising. i regularly “unsubscribe” from mailing lists when this happens.
this time, i unsubscribed and cancelled the order.

i’ve never been a Bud Light customer.
viewtopic.php?t=5673

if they ask, i will say, for me, pride is a grave sin. it’s an important message that people deserve to know about.
it’s a sad thing (for me). maybe it will help someone. ✝️
RZehr:
A boycott? When have those worked?
i don’t know about organized boycotts, or social media boycotts, but, consumers have “forever” communicated to businesses via their purchases/non-purchases. In my view, it’s basic+direct. Formerly, businesses relied on it.

What’s different today are weighty outside factors, such as lobbyists and government (incentives, promotions, etc.) - that over ride simple consumer choice. Deep pockets controlling outcomes, ignoring market value.

“Majority rule” becomes “money+power rule,” snubbng their noses at consumers/the majority.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Egg Cooker

i first bought a version of this about 10+years ago.
i was moving, it was new in the box. i had a handyman helping, turned out he was as much a thief as handyman, he stole lots of things before stopping. he didn’t stop. i eventually told him not to return.

oddly, i even spoke with him about it, face to face. he didn’t deny it. i presumed that would be the end of it. no. not at all.
a strange experience. i did not file a report or even attempt to list missng items. i presume he sold them for nothing “around town.”

This week, i bought ^^.
i’m pretty happy with it. It’s small+efficient. From memory, i think it’s less costly now. -$20.

It’s yellow+cheerful. 🌻
0 x

UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:56 pm Egg Cooker

i first bought a version of this about 10+years ago.
i was moving, it was new in the box. i had a handyman helping, turned out he was as much a thief as handyman, he stole lots of things before stopping. he didn’t stop. i eventually told him not to return.

oddly, i even spoke with him about it, face to face. he didn’t deny it. i presumed that would be the end of it. no. not at all.
a strange experience. i did not file a report or even attempt to list missng items. i presume he sold them for nothing “around town.”

This week, i bought ^^.
i’m pretty happy with it. It’s small+efficient. From memory, i think it’s less costly now. -$20.

It’s yellow+cheerful. 🌻
Wife: I just learned how to cook eggs in the instant pot and it is so much easier since our burners don’t seem to get very hot and it takes forever to boil eggs.
My favorite kitchen item that I should’ve gotten a lot sooner is an iced tea machine. I’ve made it at home before, but the ice tea machine makes me think it taste better, and it will hopefully reduce the iced tea I buy out in town. you can do iced coffee and add flavors or put the sugar in to the container that holds the tea, but so far we’ve just stuck with unsweet tea that my children can sweeten how they wish and I can add my drink mix packets to. you can either add a couple quarts of ice to the pitcher or you can just add cold water and put ice in it as you drink it, but we’ve got a nice older couple at our church who lets everyone use their ice machine whenever we want.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat