Shortages

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Shortages

Post by MaxPC »

Hold on to your hummus. Now there is a global chickpea shortage.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Shortages

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:28 pm Hold on to your hummus. Now there is a global chickpea shortage.
This one has been going on a while along with cornstarch.

I consider anything other than fresh chickpeas not to be worth eating. It’s rare to find any fresh enough in America to make a decent hummus.
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:28 pm Hold on to your hummus. Now there is a global chickpea shortage.
I’d never thought the Capital Press was read by anyone else on Mennonet. I buy truckloads of peas from Columbia Grain. The last few years of drought and now the high price of wheat has really reduced the availability of the peas we buy, and raised the price.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:59 pm
This one has been going on a while along with cornstarch.

I consider anything other than fresh chickpeas not to be worth eating. It’s rare to find any fresh enough in America to make a decent hummus.
Not immediately aware of a shortage of starch. Chocolate has some shortages right now, but 'tis the season.

As far as hummus goes... its like macaroni salad: its either really good, or super bland. Our local Giant Foods carries a good brand that I like.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Shortage of money going on. Somehow inflation seems to make the month longer than the money.
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

RZehr wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:40 am Shortage of money going on. Somehow inflation seems to make the month longer than the money.
I agree. We know some people who are resorting to buying their food at dollar stores, because that is all they can afford. Which is why I feel strongly, that those of us who can, should donate to local food banks and social services.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Grace wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:44 am
RZehr wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:40 am Shortage of money going on. Somehow inflation seems to make the month longer than the money.
I agree. We know some people who are resorting to buying their food at dollar stores, because that is all they can afford. Which is why I feel strongly, that those of us who can, should donate to local food banks and social services.
Blessings of Hope has made some strides in this area. A lot of food they get stays local.
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!