Sarasota Mennonite Male Voice Festival

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: Sarasota Mennonite Male Voice Festival

Post by lesterb »

Josh wrote:
ohio jones wrote:I'm told that both the 3 and 6:30 services will be available by live stream tomorrow as well as archived for later viewing. bahiavistachurch.org/watch.html
I will be wearing a white shirt.
Thanks, that narrows it down.
Yeah sure. Lloyd Kaufman was the only one NOT wearing a white shirt.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

T1, glad you enjoyed it. BVM is Southeast Conference, MCUSA. The event is held there because they have the largest seating capacity, but it's sponsored by 5 local churches. The singers range from moderate conservative through MCUSA. That's one of the things I like about Lloyd, he is able to bridge some significant cultural and theological divides and bring people together through music that otherwise might not think they have much in common.

In the morning, I visited one of the CMC churches I hadn't been to before. If I were a permanent resident or snowbird, I might prefer the BMA church for regular attendance.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote:T1, glad you enjoyed it. BVM is Southeast Conference, MCUSA. The event is held there because they have the largest seating capacity, but it's sponsored by 5 local churches. The singers range from moderate conservative through MCUSA. That's one of the things I like about Lloyd, he is able to bridge some significant cultural and theological divides and bring people together through music that otherwise might not think they have much in common.

In the morning, I visited one of the CMC churches I hadn't been to before. If I were a permanent resident or snowbird, I might prefer the BMA church for regular attendance.
thank you.
i just did some reading on BMA, found their website, signed up to receive their online newsletter.
http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/

there are several publications on their site, some are available to download at no cost.

i guess i'll add their publications page to the forum's Written Word category, if that's ok?
i've shared the WW category with some non-members who are interested in more reading.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones

Re: Sarasota Male Voice Festival

Post by ohio jones »

ohio jones wrote:For men who like to sing, or those who like to listen to men singing, or those who want to spend some time in Florida and can't decide when to go, the 2017 2020 Sarasota Mennonite Male Voice Festival will be on March 5 March 1. The legendary Lloyd Kauffman is the director.
The event will not be at BVM this time, nor will it be at what was formerly known as BVM. Rather than two near-capacity programs, there will be one program at a larger venue, Covenant Life Presbyterian Church. Y'all are welcome to mark your calendars and join us.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

Just bumping this thread in case anyone is planning to be in the area at the appointed time.
0 x