When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

AI: Medicare Advantage uses algorithms to cut off care for seniors

Post by MaxPC »

1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: AI: Medicare Advantage uses algorithms to cut off care for seniors

Post by Josh »

Good article, Max.

I used to be a consultant who worked on this type of software, helping insurers implement it. However, it was called “Care Management,” and was couched in a lot of fancy language like “improving health outcomes” and “preventing repeat hospitalisations” thru “early intervention”. Back the the AI algorithms are not as fancy but this kind of thing was definitely the goal and part of the “value proposition” sold to insurance companies. We had a lot of Medicare Advantage insurer customers.

When I started following Jesus, the lifestyle of consulting with travel and frequent drinking with colleagues and customers as part of the sales cycle was very bad for me. The Lord snatched me right out of that job and away from very serious snares I stepped into when I was just a young, 1 month old baby Christian. Drunkenness and fornication do not belong in the kingdom of heaven, and a dear friend prayed I would leave that job or get fired lest I fall into temptation on another business trip again.

His prayers were answered - I met 74% of a 76% billable-hours target, and my new boss wanted to lay off all the Ohio employees. (He was in the Boston office.) Things went poorly and he got fired a month later and the rest of the employees were rehired or the layoff plans cancelled. But I knew the Lord showed me very clearly that being a care-management consultant was not for me, and he provided provision the very next day in the form of a day labourer job working in a cement crew.

May the Lord rescue many others who are similarly ensnared.

I had my last drink a few weeks before I became baptised and a church member. It’s to my shame I couldn’t overcome this earlier than that, but it is also a sign of Jesus’ grace I have remained sober ever since then. Drunkenness is not treated lightly in our church and church discipline and excommunication are how it is dealt with.
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: AI: Medicare Advantage uses algorithms to cut off care for seniors

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:28 am
May the Lord rescue many others who are similarly ensnared.

I had my last drink a few weeks before I became baptised and a church member.
Amen! Thanks be to God!
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God