Seekers Gathering 2018 long thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Seekers Gathering April 27-29, 2018 ???

Total votes: 0

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Seekers Gathering 2020 - May 8-10

Post by Ernie »

queserasera_2 wrote:Not that I really qualify as a seeker.
From the program:
"Those attending this event should be seeking to follow Jesus in the manner of the early Christians and the early Anabaptists."
This makes me a seeker.
queserasera_2 wrote:Don't worry, my entire fellowship is banned as well.
I would have thought that loyalists in your former fellowship would not be invited but didn't know it applied to your present fellowship. I thought your present fellowship did not rebaptize folks who were baptized in the proper manner. And I was not aware that your present fellowship considered themselves the true church but rather a true church."
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

For clarification, Holdemans consider themselves a true church as well; they believe that belief in the existence of “the united, undivided church of God”, also known as “the one, true, (and) visible church” is taught in scripture. Some members believe other true visible churches may exist that are not (yet) in our church directory.

At issue here is here is that Holdemans do not hold to the idea of an invisible and visible church. Maybe it would be good to clarify that belief in the invisible and visible church is expected of attendees?
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:For clarification, Holdemans consider themselves a true church as well; they believe that belief in the existence of “the united, undivided church of God”, also known as “the one, true, (and) visible church” is taught in scripture. Some members believe other true visible churches may exist that are not (yet) in our church directory.

At issue here is here is that Holdemans do not hold to the idea of an invisible and visible church. Maybe it would be good to clarify that belief in the invisible and visible church is expected of attendees?
You mean like Landmark Baptist?

J.M.
0 x
:hug: