Seekers Gathering April 27-29, 2018 ???

Total votes: 0

Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Seekers Gathering 2018

Post by Dan Z »

Wayne in Maine wrote:
Ernie wrote:
cmbl wrote:I understand that there is a potluck brunch scheduled for Saturday, and also a potluck snack. What are the logistics for this? Is there refrigeration on site? Use of kitchen space? Places to plug in crockpots?
Yes. Refrigeration. Kitchen space. And places to plug in crock pots.
Saturday Night? I'll bring the Hot Dogs and Beans --- Of Course!
Wouldn't expect otherwise :)
0 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you that I've never met in person!
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Wayne in Maine wrote:
Ernie wrote:
cmbl wrote:I understand that there is a potluck brunch scheduled for Saturday, and also a potluck snack. What are the logistics for this? Is there refrigeration on site? Use of kitchen space? Places to plug in crockpots?
Yes. Refrigeration. Kitchen space. And places to plug in crock pots.
Penn Valley is providing supper on Saturday evening. You are welcome to provide the beans and hot dogs though for anyone who is still hungry or doesn't like the menu.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Ernie wrote:
Wayne in Maine wrote:
Ernie wrote: Yes. Refrigeration. Kitchen space. And places to plug in crock pots.
Penn Valley is providing supper on Saturday evening. You are welcome to provide the beans and hot dogs though for anyone who is still hungry or doesn't like the menu.
Well if they want it I have a good Boston Baked Bean recipe...
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Wayne in Maine wrote:Well if they want it I have a good Boston Baked Bean recipe...
Are you willing to share?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

If anyone at this point would like to attend the gathering but cannot come because of travel expenses, please contact me via PM, or my email address on the program. Financial assistance may be available.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

I really hope that some of you that are young and have opportunity don't miss out on this.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I really want to be there but am afraid my income tax season won't be over in time. We have until the 30th of April to finish filing.
0 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

I also likely cannot come because of school.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Seekers Gathering on the West Coast

Post by Ernie »

It looks like we have some folks on the west coast who would like to come, but for various reasons, it does not seem good to bring their families with them at this time and they are not interested in coming alone. This is quite understandable.

One of them suggested that I plan a similar event on the west coast.
Although this is something I would love to do, it won't be happening anytime in the near future.
Right now I am concentrating on discipleship and church planting in Central PA and am not venturing too far from home. I coordinate a few events nearby that I think may benefit the work I am doing in Central PA. If I can't see a direct benefit, I'm declining to be involved.

However, if there is someone on the west coast who needs encouragement to start planning such an event out there, I'm glad to provide whatever bit of assistance I can via email and phone.

I've coordinated events in the past in which I had to assume responsibility for food, lodging, registration, recording, contacting speakers, etc. The nice thing about Penn Valley is that they will do most of this for you and all I needed to do is make up a program and contact speakers. They would have done registration if I would have asked them to do so.
I don't know if you have access to any such facility in the west for a reasonable price, but this sure makes it more doable for me. Without Penn Valley, I doubt I would have attempted this event.

I've heard before that there needs to be more good events in the Midwest and on the west coast, I'm going on record here to say that I could encourage any such vision.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"