Seekers Gathering 2018 long thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Seekers Gathering April 27-29, 2018 ???

Total votes: 0

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Seekers Gathering 2018?

Post by Ernie »

An updated program is now available. David Bercot registered to attend and he agreed to speak as well.

https://www.plainnews.org/wp-content/up ... g-2018.pdf

Now accepting volunteers who would be willing to plan some activities for the children.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Ernie wrote:An updated program is now available. David Bercot registered to attend and he agreed to speak as well.

https://www.plainnews.org/wp-content/up ... g-2018.pdf

Now accepting volunteers who would be willing to plan some activities for the children.
Is there still room for attendees? There were a few folks at AIC who expressed an interest.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Yes. We have room for about 87 people.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Will there be recordings or a dial in? (I realise these take a lot of work to set up and do well!!)
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Josh wrote:Will there be recordings or a dial in? (I realise these take a lot of work to set up and do well!!)
Recordings should be doable.
0 x
cmbl
Affiliation: Pilgrim, NMB

Re: Seekers Gathering 2018

Post by cmbl »

I understand that there is a potluck brunch scheduled for Saturday, and also a potluck snack. What are the logistics for this? Is there refrigeration on site? Use of kitchen space? Places to plug in crockpots?
Last edited by justme on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: update title upon request
0 x
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Facebook live should be easy.

Ernie, I have a friend, non menno background that I'd like to see attend. I was going to try and bring him with me when I was planning on going.
I am going to connect you two. As I think he may still have interest.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

joshuabgood wrote:Facebook live should be easy.

Ernie, I have a friend, non menno background that I'd like to see attend. I was going to try and bring him with me when I was planning on going.
I am going to connect you two. As I think he may still have interest.
Great Joshua!

If someone wants to do Facebook live, I'm ok with that. The bandwidth and speed isn't always the greatest.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

cmbl wrote:I understand that there is a potluck brunch scheduled for Saturday, and also a potluck snack. What are the logistics for this? Is there refrigeration on site? Use of kitchen space? Places to plug in crockpots?
Yes. Refrigeration. Kitchen space. And places to plug in crock pots.
0 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Ernie wrote:
cmbl wrote:I understand that there is a potluck brunch scheduled for Saturday, and also a potluck snack. What are the logistics for this? Is there refrigeration on site? Use of kitchen space? Places to plug in crockpots?
Yes. Refrigeration. Kitchen space. And places to plug in crock pots.
Saturday Night? I'll bring the Hot Dogs and Beans --- Of Course!
0 x