Seekers Gathering 2018 long thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Seekers Gathering April 27-29, 2018 ???

Total votes: 0

Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Seekers Gathering 2018?

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote:I think these would be topics worth exploring, whether at the SG or in another context:

When, why, and how to advocate for change
When, why, and how to leave
Yes it would be. Particularly since this is the one area when guidance from your home congregation’s leadership is not helpful.

Looking back, I should have gone to another Midwest bishop. At the time, I was not really aware that was even an option. I met a lot of other Midwest folks at their annual conference after I left, and when I did, I really wished I were still a part of Midwest.
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

per ernie's request, portions of this thread have been moved to
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Ernie wrote:Registration is now open for this event. Please see details at the link below.

http://www.plainnews.org/wp-content/upl ... g-2018.pdf
I do not plan to publicize this event elsewhere until after the first of the year.
So you MD folks have the month of December to submit your registration to me if you think you may want to attend. If you are quite sure you want to attend, you can go ahead and register and then cancel later if it does not suit. However, it would be nice if you didn't wait till the last minute to cancel.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Ernie wrote:...it would be nice if you didn't wait till the last minute to cancel.
Who, us??? :laugh
0 x
DarkShallNotPrevail
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by DarkShallNotPrevail »

Is the registration still open on this? Myself and my husband were hoping to come for at least one day (wanted to catch Wayne's session). We had a few outside friends who are also interested.
0 x
The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away.
-w.s.
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

DarkShallNotPrevail wrote:Is the registration still open on this? Myself and my husband were hoping to come for at least one day (wanted to catch Wayne's session). We had a few outside friends who are also interested.
No bias there... :laugh
0 x
DarkShallNotPrevail
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by DarkShallNotPrevail »

Heirbyadoption wrote:
DarkShallNotPrevail wrote:Is the registration still open on this? Myself and my husband were hoping to come for at least one day (wanted to catch Wayne's session). We had a few outside friends who are also interested.
No bias there... :laugh

Nope, none... :lol: ;)
0 x
The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away.
-w.s.
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Yes, registration is still open.

MN members who register no longer have preference over those who are not registered.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Re: Seekers Gathering 2018

Post by Ernie »

I've updated the PDF to reflect no preference for MD members.

link removed

Feel free to download this PDF and forward it to friends who qualify.

Ernie
Last edited by justme on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed per ernie's request
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

I have a request to provide transportation for an attendee from Harrisburg International Airport. She will be arriving April 27th at 3:40 pm, and departing from the airport on the 30th at 4:10 pm.

If anyone is available to provide this transportation, please contact me by private message or by the email listed on the program.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3