A Salute to Steve's Food Polls

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: A Salute to Steve's Food Polls

Post by steve-in-kville »

MaxPC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:21 am Spices do not always sit well with my GI tract.
So I take it you're not dousing your food with Tabasco or Frank's Red Hot?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:42 am
MaxPC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:21 am Spices do not always sit well with my GI tract.
So I take it you're not dousing your food with Tabasco or Frank's Red Hot?
No thank you. I do not care for too much salt either, a small sprinkle will do. My wife found some low sodium bangers that we eat. At my age, too much of anything is not advised though I confess I do indulge plenty of butter. :lol:

If you like spicy, I have acquaintances who can tell you of all of the best habañero and ghost pepper sauces available. I profess I do not see the appeal but then as always, YMMV.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville

MaxPC wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:29 am
If you like spicy, I have acquaintances who can tell you of all of the best habañero and ghost pepper sauces available. I profess I do not see the appeal but then as always, YMMV.
I draw the line at Tabasco and Franks. I also enjoy jalapenos on burger and dogs. Habanero is a bit much, though. Beyond that, I pay the price later...
1 x

ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:17 am No, and in fact let me ask it this way ... has anyone ever seen me and Trump together???
This wasn't you?
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:43 pm I proffer that no nation can do a chippy like the Brits. :mrgreen:

Yup. One of my altimeter favourite food experiences was eating fish and chips with the fish wrapped in newspaper on the northern shores of Northern Ireland in our car in the pouring rain.

It was so so good.
3 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

appleman2006 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:43 pm
MaxPC wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:43 pm I proffer that no nation can do a chippy like the Brits. :mrgreen:

Yup. One of my altimeter favourite food experiences was eating fish and chips with the fish wrapped in newspaper on the northern shores of Northern Ireland in our car in the pouring rain.

It was so so good.
I think that is about the best way to eat it too. Brilliant. The best do not sit under a heat lamp but are brought out fresh from the fryer.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Ours had no time for a heat lamp. The little village we were in had three fish and chip shops on the Main Street. We checked out all three and went with the one that looked the busiest and obviously had the most locals in it. Big huge pieces of fish with a perfect batter. I will never forget it.
1 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

appleman2006 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:17 am Ours had no time for a heat lamp. The little village we were in had three fish and chip shops on the Main Street. We checked out all three and went with the one that looked the busiest and obviously had the most locals in it. Big huge pieces of fish with a perfect batter. I will never forget it.
Being on the coast that fish may have just come off of the boats too. Delightful.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
steve-in-kville

Here you go Max... ever heard the term "bubble & squeak" when referring to food? Specifically, a Full English Breakfast?
0 x

MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:28 pm Here you go Max... ever heard the term "bubble & squeak" when referring to food? Specifically, a Full English Breakfast?
Absolutely. We ate it frequently while we were children. Have you had any? The ingredients varied as it is one of those great dishes of leftovers. Bubble and squeak is a dish unto itself. The full English is another matter altogether; it may have b & s or it may not. It will most certainly include eggs and sausages, the ripe tomato and some form of pud.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)