My article about eugenics, ethnicity, and other topics

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Franklin
Affiliation: Old Testament

My article about eugenics, ethnicity, and other topics

Post by Franklin »

http://www.arkian.net/about.html

Since I consider modern humanity to be a complete disaster, this is my proposal for an alternative. I don't expect Mennonites to support this idea, but I can promise you that reading this will expose you to new ideas which you may find interesting. What I am looking for here is mostly feedback. I will probably try selling this idea to Muslims first.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: My article about eugenics, ethnicity, and other topics

Post by barnhart »

How is this different from the vision of the Klan. Where do you think they went wrong.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Implementation Through Religion
Everything I have written so far is just theory. How can the Arkian idea be implemented? Certainly it cannot be implemented by secular people. Only religious people can implement the Arkian idea.

A religious community, church or mosque, should already have half of the Arkian requirement covered. A church should teach the Bible and a mosque should teach the Quran. What is missing is learning the game of Go. The solution is to offer Go classes in the church or mosque. This would mostly be aimed at children, and I would expect that children are the best prospects for becoming Arkian. I personally hope to move to an area where there would be a number of churches and mosques that may be interested in this, in which case I could teach the classes myself.
This is just one more example of a non-Christian philosophy trying to co-opt Christianity for its own purposes. We are surrounded by people on the left and on the right who want to do this. In fact, this has been a major issue in the entire history of Christianity.

The Kingdom of God needs to focus on the Kingdom of God and on Jesus. We need to be devoted to the things Jesus said and did.
The Arkian solution to escaping from human decay is to form a new ethnicity whose membership requirements will select for high quality people. In particular, we want people who have traditional religious morals, who are intelligent and persistent, and who are ethnocentric.
The Kingdom of God solution is to form a new Kingdom composed of every tribe and nation, devoted to God, devoted to loving and serving others. The early church was criticized for being such a motley crew. And Paul mentioned this in 1 Corinthians 1:
Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
Christianity is not about creating a superior race. And the history of that endeavor is pretty bleak - not just in Nazi Germany but also in the rest of the world, eugenics was a popular belief 100 years ago.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

Franklin wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:38 pm http://www.arkian.net/about.html

Since I consider modern humanity to be a complete disaster, this is my proposal for an alternative. I don't expect Mennonites to support this idea, but I can promise you that reading this will expose you to new ideas which you may find interesting. What I am looking for here is mostly feedback. I will probably try selling this idea to Muslims first.
The germans, and English achieved a very "high quality" people-group, and what did they produce? The Frankfurt school, and Bloomsbury apostles, giving us such brilliance as Critical Theory and Keynesian economics.
0 x
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

nett wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:53 am The germans, and English achieved a very "high quality" people-group, and what did they produce?
Most things that you use in daily life. The car, the light bulb, etc.
The Frankfurt school, and Bloomsbury apostles, giving us such brilliance as Critical Theory and Keynesian economics.
Bad things too, of course. But overall, I would rather live during the height of Western culture than any other time. Unfortunately current times are probably one of the worst times to live, not because of material things, but because the quality of humanity has never been worse.
0 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

Franklin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:01 pm
nett wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:53 am The germans, and English achieved a very "high quality" people-group, and what did they produce?
Most things that you use in daily life. The car, the light bulb, etc.
Those are all merely results of having a temporary energy glut, and when we exhaust the 1000s-of-years of dead trees we've consumed in a fraction of that time, we'll be set back to a lifestyle bar more primitive than even the medieval era.

Western society hasn't produced anything of value. It has merely figured out to capitalize on temporary infinite energy, while being completely blind to lack of sustainability.

Considering the massive amount of energy industrial society has consumed, what it has managed to produce is actually pretty pathetic. People spend just as much time commuting, and have less leisure than they did 200 years ago. 99% of our products will be useless when the energy runs out, or the supply chains break down. I'm not sure which will come first, but the result will be the same.

Meanwhile, the level of comfort and convenience has made the majority of western people too soft to even work for their basic necessities in a non-industrial world.

I think you need to reconsider the disconnect you see between the material things, and the state of people now. I see them as in inexorably linked
0 x
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:43 am This is just one more example of a non-Christian philosophy trying to co-opt Christianity for its own purposes.
Thank you for the criticism. This is the kind of feedback I want so that I can improve what I wrote. I will respond here and later incorporate my response into my website.

Imagine an ideal Christian town where people are perfect Christians. This would be a utopia. Now imagine that something goes wrong with the water system in town and this poisons the brains of the people and makes them go insane. Because they are insane, they no longer understand Christianity well. A visitor to the town may see that they don't understand Christianity well, and assume that this is the problem, and that they just need to be taught Christianity better. But of course this is nonsense. The only solution is to fix the water system because this is the cause of the problem. Religion cannot fix this problem.

Adding to the story, a few people in town feel inspired by God to move out of town and they dig their own wells. So they recover and become sane. But they believe that their sanity comes from their religion when in fact it comes not drinking bad water. Living rurally, they don't deal with townspeople much and don't realize how completely crazy they are. Someone comes to these rural people and proposes promoting a water filtration system for the town, but these people reject the idea because they believe that the problem in town is bad religion.

Hopefully you can guess the analogy. The problem with modern people is bad culture and genetics, not religion. This is just like poisoned water. Religion cannot fix this problem. Anabaptists mistakenly believe that religion has saved them from this when in fact they avoid cultural poison by restricting exposure to modern culture, and they avoid genetic decay by not intermarrying with the dysgenic mainstream.

I am proposing a real solution to this problem, a filtration system that filters people rather than water. This system can work for anyone wherever they live and whatever they believe. And it has nothing to do with religion because religion isn't the issue. But I do need the support of religious communities to implement it because they are the only groups who can do it. Everyone else is just too insane.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Franklin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:43 am This is just one more example of a non-Christian philosophy trying to co-opt Christianity for its own purposes.
Thank you for the criticism. This is the kind of feedback I want so that I can improve what I wrote. I will respond here and later incorporate my response into my website.

Imagine an ideal Christian town where people are perfect Christians. This would be a utopia. Now imagine that something goes wrong with the water system in town and this poisons the brains of the people and makes them go insane. Because they are insane, they no longer understand Christianity well. A visitor to the town may see that they don't understand Christianity well, and assume that this is the problem, and that they just need to be taught Christianity better. But of course this is nonsense. The only solution is to fix the water system because this is the cause of the problem. Religion cannot fix this problem.

Adding to the story, a few people in town feel inspired by God to move out of town and they dig their own wells. So they recover and become sane. But they believe that their sanity comes from their religion when in fact it comes not drinking bad water. Living rurally, they don't deal with townspeople much and don't realize how completely crazy they are. Someone comes to these rural people and proposes promoting a water filtration system for the town, but these people reject the idea because they believe that the problem in town is bad religion.

Hopefully you can guess the analogy. The problem with modern people is bad culture and genetics, not religion. This is just like poisoned water. Religion cannot fix this problem. Anabaptists mistakenly believe that religion has saved them from this when in fact they avoid cultural poison by restricting exposure to modern culture, and they avoid genetic decay by not intermarrying with the dysgenic mainstream.

I am proposing a real solution to this problem, a filtration system that filters people rather than water. This system can work for anyone wherever they live and whatever they believe. And it has nothing to do with religion because religion isn't the issue. But I do need the support of religious communities to implement it because they are the only groups who can do it. Everyone else is just too insane.
And how do you know that you are not also "drinking bad water" and proposing a fix that would never work?
2 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Franklin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 pm

Imagine an ideal Christian town where people are perfect Christians. This would be a utopia.
I agree. What would that look like? I think it looks like this: focusing on what Jesus said and taught, making that the core of our worldview. We would be devoted to loving God and to loving and serving our neighbors. We would live out the Sermon on the Mount. We would take the Bible and Jesus seriously. We would welcome the foreigner and the stranger. We would live lives of holiness.

In real life, that's not usually a town, though sometimes an intentional community. Most of the time, Christians live among the world, in places where true Christianity is a minority.
Franklin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 pmNow imagine that something goes wrong with the water system in town and this poisons the brains of the people and makes them go insane. Because they are insane, they no longer understand Christianity well.
Or perhaps its the internet. And Christians start mouthing the words of the political factions around them. The Christian worldview is no longer central. Political factions find ways to manipulate them with disinformation and propaganda so that even Christians promote lies that result in division, fear, and even hatred. And this propaganda becomes addictive, really hard to let go of.
Franklin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 pmA visitor to the town may see that they don't understand Christianity well, and assume that this is the problem, and that they just need to be taught Christianity better. But of course this is nonsense.
I disagree. The problem is precisely that we have sold our birthright for a mess of pottage. That the things Jesus said and did are often not the things that most prominently characterize modern Christianity. That Christians are dividing and hating each other over political talking points. That we have absorbed disinformation to the point that it can seem like there is no longer any such thing as objective truth. That we have made celebrity politicians the main focus of our discussions, treating them almost like contestants in a World Wide Wrestling Foundation match.

And the solution really is to remember our birthright and return to Jesus. To double down on a biblical worldview. To devote ourselves to loving and serving others. To take our own holiness seriously.
Franklin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 pmThe only solution is to fix the water system because this is the cause of the problem. Religion cannot fix this problem.
What we really need is living water.
Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
That's the water we need.
Franklin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 pmHopefully you can guess the analogy. The problem with modern people is bad culture and genetics, not religion.
I agree with the "bad culture" part. But the Kingdom of God is all about creating a good culture of people who live for what really matters, devoted to God. And Christianity is centered on Jesus, because we can't do that on our own.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Franklin will be delighted to learn most Christian groups prefer to marry inside their own group (or outright require it).

This process is so complete in some groups there are now inbreeding problems from the degree of endogamy.

People who behave poorly tend to leave the church or never get married. This has a subtle eugenic effect (and I don’t think that’s a bad thing).

Unfortunately, that doesn’t fix the problem that we are drinking poisoned water, so to speak. Simply point, if what you are proposing worked, Hutterite and Amish communities would be some kind of paradise.
1 x