How was church today ?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: How was church today ?

Post by Valerie »

One of the associate pastor's gave the sermon today- it was on John 17 which is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. Never tire of going through it, each time is a blessing.
Life group was good to, good teacher- on Mark- learning 'historical' things that help as well- we always like that-

Going to the Orthodox Church on Sunday nights- a former Baptist (well he converted to Orthodox decades ago) does a fantastic job every time he preaches/teaches a particular series- he is going through the book of James right now and it's been SO GOOD!! Some friends of ours are coming, who are not Orthodox either but the husband said "Finally, someone who knows how to teach!" James is packed full of guidance on how to live the Christian life day to day and I love how he is harmonizing it with Paul's teaching on Faith- he explained how Martin Luther didn't understand the harmony of faith and works and why he tried to throw the book of James out of the Bible- wow- the nerve!

Anyways had some sweet fellowship, learning, singing and prayer, a wonderful Lord's Day- you feel so badly that so many do not know this joy- and we (hubby and me) need to do better at reaching out to people who don't know the Lord.
0 x