When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Documentaries for adolescents and young teens

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:27 pm
Josh wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:40 pm Ken,

Go easy on the snark.
It's not snark. It's true. I really don't have a clear grasp of what science is acceptable and what isn't.

Geology?
Plate tectonics?
Astronomy?
Astrophysics?
Virology?
Biochemistry?
Climate studies and climate change?
Oceanography?
Volcanology?
Ecology?
Agronomy?

And I could list dozens more branches of science. They all contain elements that conflict with the literal interpretation of Old Testament writings. Does that make them all unacceptable?
Your snark is noted. Good job.
Just above Jim Foxvog recommended the film "Kiss the Ground" which is actually a film about responding to climate change. Is that an acceptable topic?
Climate-change propaganda isn't "science"; after Hadley CRU, it became obvious what it is.
1 x
Admiral Acbon
Affiliation: BMA

Post by Admiral Acbon »

The How It's Made TV show has high production values, a concise format, and I don't recall seeing any offensive content in this modern G-rated program (although I haven't watched nearly every episode, the ones I did see were perfectly safe).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_It%27s_Made
0 x
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I would question why anyone needs to be watching "documentaries" at all (when they are probably just searching for entertainment they can "get away with"). Why do adolescents and young teens need to be sitting around watching movies and TV?
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Josh wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:17 am I would question why anyone needs to be watching "documentaries" at all (when they are probably just searching for entertainment they can "get away with"). Why do adolescents and young teens need to be sitting around watching movies and TV?
Thank you for the snark-free comment
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3