Postage Stamp collecting

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Postage Stamp collecting

Post by Neto »

I have a lot of old foreign postage stamps I have collected over the years, and recently saved lots of stamps off of letters we sent from Brazil to my wife's parents over the years we lived there. So some of those date back to 1985. Then there are others we received from missionaries we knew who had gone to many other countries around the world. I used to send a lot of these to my aunt, but she has stopped collecting them, because of the gradual loss of sight she is dealing with. (I think she used to give duplicates to MCC, but not having had personal contact with MCC for decades, I don't know if they are still interested in that at all.)

So my question is, does anyone know of a ministry that accepts used postage stamps for resale? (Or, is there anyone here who would like to have them for a collection of their own?)
3 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Postage Stamp collecting

Post by mike »

If you end up not finding a home for them, my son would probably enjoy them. I collected stamps years ago, and recently gave him my collection.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
undershepherd
Affiliation: Mountain Valley Menn

Re: Postage Stamp collecting

Post by undershepherd »

Postage stamp collecting has almost become a thing of the past. It is very difficult to sell stamp collections now. Unless the stamps are new/uncancelled and can actually be used for postage. I have a huge quantity of stamps to sell in an estate auction that we are currently working on. Here is a link to the first auction where we have a sampling of the stamps at the very end of the auction. https://bid.mountainvalleyauctions.com/ ... ions/74097
1 x