Logging In

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Sunbeam
Affiliation:

Logging In

Post by Sunbeam »

Every time, when I come to this site, I put in my info, my username and password, and it gives me the option to check a little box that says "Remember me" and I assume if I click this box, I will stay logged in and not have to put in my info every single time. But no. That is not what it means. I have no idea what exactly it is remembering, but it is not remembering to keep me logged in. So, maybe it is just acknowledging within its own heart that I do exist, and that's all.

That is something, I guess.
0 x
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Logging In

Post by Haystack »

Sunbeam wrote:Every time, when I come to this site, I put in my info, my username and password, and it gives me the option to check a little box that says "Remember me" and I assume if I click this box, I will stay logged in and not have to put in my info every single time. But no. That is not what it means. I have no idea what exactly it is remembering, but it is not remembering to keep me logged in. So, maybe it is just acknowledging within its own heart that I do exist, and that's all.

That is something, I guess.
It works for me.
Last edited by Haystack on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Its memory seems to be limited to about three days, from what I can tell logging in from a variety of devices. I'd be happy if that were extended a bit.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

If you don't tick the box, you don't stay logged in for long at all.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Haystack wrote:
Sunbeam wrote:Every time, when I come to this site, I put in my info, my username and password, and it gives me the option to check a little box that says "Remember me" and I assume if I click this box, I will stay logged in and not have to put in my info every single time. But no. That is not what it means. I have no idea what exactly it is remembering, but it is not remembering to keep me logged in. ...
It works for me.
It works for me also. Maybe you have "cookies" disabled in your browser or have it set to delete "cookies" after each session?
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Maybe it's asking you to affirm that you remember it.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

For me it normally works if I log in with Chrome. On my iPhone it is very spirotic. For a while, I had to log in almost every time. The last while, it's every once in a while. I haven't nailed it down as precisely as OJ, but his explanation sounds about right.

I noticed the difference right away when we switched to MN.
0 x
Sunbeam
Affiliation:

Post by Sunbeam »

I typically check in maybe once every week, so maybe that is the reason...?
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

At a recent seminar, we were told - CLEAR YOUR CACHE AT LEAST DAILY - that will do it.
0 x