The Cloud of Witnesses - the MennoNet Wall

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

The Cloud of Witnesses - the MennoNet Wall

Post by Neto »

As there are now several MennoNet / MennoDiscuss members who have joined the Cloud of Witnesses, I wanted to suggest having a place where their names could be posted, a sort of Memorial Wall.

The passing of Wayne in Maine through the doorway of death into life is what has brought this to mind, but there have been others in the past already.
Last edited by justme on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: The Crowd of Witnesses - the MennoNet Wall

Post by Ernie »

Good idea. It would be nice if we could post links of tributes made to these persons. Not sure how to organize it but I suppose we could start with Wayne and work back in time. Maybe this could be made into a STICKY thread.
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i would be thankful. :)

i would hope it would go back through MD days.
the earliest loss i recall was theosis, who passed before i joined, but was so well spoken of, i felt i’d known her on forum, anyway.
and to include extended family and friends, even tiny ones, like Shanty Shaker and horsegal’s infant (Baby Verlin James, i believe his name)? justme’s father. Ernie’s father. Sasha Krause and others who weren’t members, but whose lives were thoughtfully discussed and remembered.

the numbers aren’t yet so great .. ..

it wouldn’t have to be in chronological order. it could go in “Announcements and Introductions?” :? whatever is wanted.

Neto, i like your word reference, “The Crowd of Witnesses.” blessings for your idea.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Neto,
you could start the thread .. :)
you could ask someone to manage it with you or for you .. :)

or, do you have something in mind?
0 x

UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:28 pm Neto,
you could start the thread .. :)
I think he already did.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

I saw the reminder of Menno Risslers birthday on facebook, yesterday, He was a fellow Preterist here on MN/MD. I had the pleasure of meeting him face to face when I was still working at Yoder Barns in Pennsylvania. Seems like only yesterday, but that meeting was more than 10 years ago now.
We would be remiss if we didn't remember Lester B and Truthseeker.
It was also my privilege to meet Truthseeker at our Mennomeet in PA shortly before I moved to Minnesota. It was a total surprise to me since he had been quite ill at the time and seemed certain not to make the trip. What a joyfilled day that was in more ways than one for me. Just a little piece of heaven here on earth.
I wish I could remember some of the others I have missed along the way. Was Theosis the name of one young lady? She was a breath of fresh air whom I had the pleasure of conversing with through PMs not long before her passing.
2 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Kirk Broyles
Dr Wojo
1 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

gospel pianist / Very Alive
1 x

UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Neto wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:55 pm As there are now several MennoNet / MennoDiscuss members who have joined the Crowd of Witnesses, I wanted to suggest having a place where their names could be posted, a sort of Memorial Wall.

The passing of Wayne in Maine through the doorway of death into life is what has brought this to mind, but there have been others in the past already.
I would be very much in favor of this.

Dr. Wojo's passing hit me hard as we we had some connections. Wayne on the other hand, even though I didn't know him as well, his witness and testimony has hit just as hard.

Go for it.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

What I had in mind is that those who knew these brothers and sisters best would write a sort of tribute to each of them. I have only met a few of the folks here, and of those who have passed into the presence of our Lord and Savior, I have only met Wayne in person, and that very briefly. I did have some PM conversations with "Dr. Wojo", partly since he was living in Oklahoma, and me being an Okie and all.
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.