Robert & Bootstrap's stupid fight thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Re: Robert & Bootstrap's stupid fight thread

Post by PeterG »

lesterb wrote:I got my own problems, my computer has lost it's mind....

My own fault. I turned up the clock speed on my video card and it went nuts. Long story. But I'm finally back in but my system shortcuts won't run, etc. and all my Office 365 images give error messages....

Also destroyed my system restore files when I tried to restore them.

:roll: :-| :shock:

[And I ain't lying either]
I can't possibly identify with this. I certainly haven't spent an inordinate amount of time recently trying to fix a spurious encrypted storage issue on a Kyocera Android phone. While I have strong evidence absolutely confirming the widespread conclusion that this error is due to defective hardware rather than software/firmware problems, the Kyocera's locked bootloader has not rendered most of the usual Android tricks ineffective. (And btw, I know exactly what terms like "locked bootloader" mean.) I take no solace in the fact that I haven't learned to use fastboot through this ordeal.

(And if any of you have a stock ROM file for a Kyocera Torque XT, I'm definitely not interested in it.)
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

PeterG wrote:
lesterb wrote:I got my own problems, my computer has lost it's mind....

My own fault. I turned up the clock speed on my video card and it went nuts. Long story. But I'm finally back in but my system shortcuts won't run, etc. and all my Office 365 images give error messages....

Also destroyed my system restore files when I tried to restore them.

:roll: :-| :shock:

[And I ain't lying either]
I can't possibly identify with this. I certainly haven't spent an inordinate amount of time recently trying to fix a spurious encrypted storage issue on a Kyocera Android phone. While I have strong evidence absolutely confirming the widespread conclusion that this error is due to defective hardware rather than software/firmware problems, the Kyocera's locked bootloader has not rendered most of the usual Android tricks ineffective. (And btw, I know exactly what terms like "locked bootloader" mean.) I take no solace in the fact that I haven't learned to use fastboot through this ordeal.

(And if any of you have a stock ROM file for a Kyocera Torque XT, I'm definitely not interested in it.)
Well I definitely don't have one for you.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Isn't technology the greatest!
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

:shock: :-| :(

Talk about heart-harded people. You mean NO ONE cares about my computer problems. You could at least take a collection to buy me a new one! :!:

[NOPE PETER, IT WASN'T HARDWARE, IT WAS AMD'S CRAPPY VIDEO SOFTWARE, I THINK. SEE THE TODAY THREAD.]
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

lesterb wrote::shock: :-| :(

Talk about heart-harded people. You mean NO ONE cares about my computer problems. You could at least take a collection to buy me a new one! :!:

[NOPE PETER, IT WASN'T HARDWARE, IT WAS AMD'S CRAPPY VIDEO SOFTWARE, I THINK. SEE THE TODAY THREAD.]
I just deposited $$ in your PayPal account.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote:
lesterb wrote::shock: :-| :(

I just deposited $$ in your PayPal account.
I just sent you a winning lottery card. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God