Delaware

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
betterpromises2
Affiliation: Foothills Comm. Ch.

Delaware

Post by betterpromises2 »

Is anyone familiar with Delaware? ARe there towns or areas you think would be good places to live?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Delaware

Post by Josh »

I don't really like the Philadelphia / Wilmington area, unless you like big cities. The plain communities seem nice there.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Only place I have been was Providence for a guest lecture at the university. Seemed like a really nice place, but probably pricey. But on the way in, some of the area seemed nice. Sorry I don't know more, I only drove in and out once.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Haven't been to much of the NE at all, but they are zone 7B... not bad considering the latitude :)
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Which part is of interest to you? The northern end around Wilmington is essentially a part of the Philly-Baltimore-DC metroplex. The southerly part of the state has quieter areas with some nice smaller towns.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Surprisingly, gene hasn't chimed in yet with a glowing description of utopia, but my impression is that just about anywhere in the southern half of the state except the overcrowded beach communities is fairly nice.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote:Surprisingly, gene hasn't chimed in yet with a glowing description of utopia, but my impression is that just about anywhere in the southern half of the state except the overcrowded beach communities is fairly nice.
That's the area I drove through coming from North Carolina to Providence, and it sure looked nice to me.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
betterpromises2
Affiliation: Foothills Comm. Ch.

Post by betterpromises2 »

Are there any areas in the southern part of Delaware with a concentration of Plain churches?
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

betterpromises2 wrote:Are there any areas in the southern part of Delaware with a concentration of Plain churches?
Yes. All flavors represented. I can give you details, but you will need wait a week as I am currently in Austria.

J.M.

Have you considered Maryland instead? We could use a few more around these parts.
0 x
:hug:
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

betterpromises2 wrote:Are there any areas in the southern part of Delaware with a concentration of Plain churches?
Yes—the concentration is so thick you could spend the rest of your life changing church affiliations.
0 x