Best Fast Food Chicken Sandwich Is Popeyes.

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Best chicken sandwich is....

Total votes: 0

Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Best Fast Food Chicken Sandwich Is Popeyes.

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:40 pm Your numbers are off. Or that $300,000 food truck must have been one seriously deluxe version.

A quick bit of googling tells me that the cost of a new food truck start-up operation is between $50,000 and $175,000: https://www.thebalancesmb.com/how-much- ... st-2888316 And in many cases we aren't really talking about food trucks anyway. But rather food carts or food trailers that are more or less permanent installations in parking lots and don't have their own engines. Mostly what I see around here are just trailers sitting in food card "pods" and not self-propelled food trucks.

By contrast, the average cost of a brick and mortar restaurant start-up is $275,000 or $3,046 per seat for a leased building. Bump that up to $425,000 or $3,734 per seat—if you want to own the building. https://www.sage.com/en-us/accounting-s ... %20reality.

In any event, the restaurant business is all about location. I'm sure there are thousands of cheap locations in every city that would be poor and unproductive places in which to locate a restaurant. And the prime locations tend to be expensive.
Your numbers are way off. The food truck I talked about was requisitioned back in the 2000s. They probably cost more now.

Anyway, at that cafe, we had a deal with a guy who roasted coffee. He made a coffee truck sort of like a food truck. It was not cheap to outfit and he did it all himself, and he didn’t have stuff like a deep fryer. He used a 1500 class truck to pull it which aren’t cheap either (used will set you back $20K+ unless you want a seriously old one).

A restaurant near us closed down and eventually offered all their equipment lock stock and barrel. They wanted 20k-25k for the whole lot. Maybe things were cheaper due to lockdown?

I recently looked into buying a building that had a restaurant. Owner offered it for $100k, or $150k if I wanted all the restaurant equipment.
Those aren't my numbers. I don't have numbers. They are just what I found when I looked it up the public information and provided the links. I would love to see a picture of this $400,000 food truck you are talking about (in 2021 inflation-adjusted dollars). It must be something else.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It was $300,000, and it was nice, but nothing outrageous. I thought the price was a bit high myself. A restaurant entrepreneur donated it to Bethel who ended up cancelling his food truck project.

As I said earlier, I have direct experience in both a cafe type of place and a food truck serving the exact same thing. The food truck costs more. Perhaps your numbers are not reflective of the whole country.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:13 am It was $300,000, and it was nice, but nothing outrageous.
That kind of money would buy a sweet RV! :D
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:19 am
Josh wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:13 am It was $300,000, and it was nice, but nothing outrageous.
Or a lifetime supply of fast food chicken sandwiches.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:52 am
The intention of this food truck was to serve free burgers in an impoverished neighbourhood. It was pretty fun to do so, although I failed to see how we were materially an improvement over the nearby Popeye’s (the only one in Cleveland at the time).
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:59 pm

The intention of this food truck was to serve free burgers in an impoverished neighbourhood. It was pretty fun to do so, although I failed to see how we were materially an improvement over the nearby Popeye’s (the only one in Cleveland at the time).
Well, I expect the "free" part was the improvement over Popeye's if the customers were indeed impoverished.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Josh wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:59 pm

Considering Popeyes dismal customer service, you may have been blessing people by giving them an alternative.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Yesterday:

It's National Fried Chicken Day!
Here's where to find discounted food with free delivery and more.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 384408007/
.. There are more chicken celebrations to come in July
with National Chicken Finger Day (July 27) and National Chicken Wing Day (July 29).

Here are discounts and offers available Thursday at participating locations; many continue beyond July 6. .. ..
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN