When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: For Ohio Jones

Post by Bootstrap »

Wait, what?

Where is this restaurant located?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote:Where is this restaurant located?
This is in Lombardy.

So I arrived in plenty of time and while waiting read some of the signs about the history of the place. It started out as a very convent-ional foodservice operation. Apparently things started to deteriorate soon after opening, but in the early 19th century, after horsing around with the menu, they developed a stable clientele. The building sustained considerable damage in World War II. Since then the facility has undergone serious restoration, but unfortunately that has not yet included the kitchen. So I was glad that I had had seconds at the hotel breakfast buffet.

Afterwards, I made a few more stops to see other things of interest, then spotted a familiar arched icon and -- at last! -- supper:
Meal.jpg
Meal.jpg (119.24 KiB) Viewed 275 times
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

Wall.jpg
Wall.jpg (82.93 KiB) Viewed 236 times
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote:
ohio jones wrote:Actually I think Ragpicker would be the one to try something like this. Especially the tartare version.
For Ragpicker, might I also suggest:
And I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I have never done sous vide. I have never eaten anything done with sous vide. I don't have a sous vide maker. If I tried, it would probably get me in hot water.
So I ran across this. It does not seem like something I would like to try.

[video][/video]
0 x

MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I knew a gal named Sue Vede. She was on the thin side and didn't have any meat on her bones to speak of.
:mrgreen: :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God