For Ohio Jones

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

For Ohio Jones

Post by Bootstrap »

0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: For Ohio Jones

Post by ohio jones »

Well, thanks. Now I'll be hungry all afternoon.

Actually I think Ragpicker would be the one to try something like this. Especially the tartare version.
I had about seven different cheeses in my fridge, but of course none of them were American
I hope they all have Green Cards (or, for cheese, Blue Cards).
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote:Actually I think Ragpicker would be the one to try something like this. Especially the tartare version.
For Ragpicker, might I also suggest:
And I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I have never done sous vide. I have never eaten anything done with sous vide. I don't have a sous vide maker. If I tried, it would probably get me in hot water.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote:
I had about seven different cheeses in my fridge, but of course none of them were American
I hope they all have Green Cards (or, for cheese, Blue Cards).
Are you bringing up the topic of refu-cheese?

Did you see that Donald Trump wants to ban pre-shredded cheese? He wants to Make America Grate Again.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote:And I have no idea what I'm talking about here.
Me neither. My introduction to sous-vide is via rail; Amtrak uses it in their dining cars for some things. All of which have been perfectly fine in my experience, though not particularly memorable.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

ohio jones wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:And I have no idea what I'm talking about here.
Me neither. My introduction to sous-vide is via rail; Amtrak uses it in their dining cars for some things. All of which have been perfectly fine in my experience, though not particularly memorable.
It would make sense, as you could produce a consistent product that way. Unfortunately, in cooking, consistent is seldom memorable.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: It would make sense, as you could produce a consistent product that way. Unfortunately, in cooking, consistent is seldom memorable.

J.M.
True! Everyone still talks about my disastrous fried turkey attempt of 17 years ago. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Judas Maccabeus

MaxPC wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote: It would make sense, as you could produce a consistent product that way. Unfortunately, in cooking, consistent is seldom memorable.

J.M.
True! Everyone still talks about my disastrous fried turkey attempt of 17 years ago. :lol:
Did you start a fire? William Shatner did, and lived to youtube about it.

J.M.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Don't know William Shatner but I did leave it in the oil too long. Dried up leather is more tender than what emerged from that mess. Not even the dogs would eat it. We decided to just bury the sad specimen and the children gave an elaborate funeral eulogy: "Here lies the turkey of great anticipation..."

As Augustine of Hippo once said:
"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."
:laugh :rofl:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Judas Maccabeus

MaxPC wrote:Don't know William Shatner but I did leave it in the oil too long. Dried up leather is more tender than what emerged from that mess. Not even the dogs would eat it. We decided to just bury the sad specimen and the children gave an elaborate funeral eulogy: "Here lies the turkey of great anticipation..."

As Augustine of Hippo once said:
"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."
:laugh :rofl:
Captain Kirk on star trek.

J.M.
0 x