For Ohio Jones

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am
Affiliation: Kingdom Christian

For Ohio Jones

Postby Bootstrap » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:38 pm

0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?

User avatar
ohio jones
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:23 pm
Affiliation: CMC

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby ohio jones » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Well, thanks. Now I'll be hungry all afternoon.

Actually I think Ragpicker would be the one to try something like this. Especially the tartare version.

I had about seven different cheeses in my fridge, but of course none of them were American

I hope they all have Green Cards (or, for cheese, Blue Cards).
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong

Bootstrap
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am
Affiliation: Kingdom Christian

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby Bootstrap » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:27 pm

ohio jones wrote:Actually I think Ragpicker would be the one to try something like this. Especially the tartare version.


For Ragpicker, might I also suggest:


And I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I have never done sous vide. I have never eaten anything done with sous vide. I don't have a sous vide maker. If I tried, it would probably get me in hot water.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?

Bootstrap
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am
Affiliation: Kingdom Christian

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby Bootstrap » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 pm

ohio jones wrote:
I had about seven different cheeses in my fridge, but of course none of them were American

I hope they all have Green Cards (or, for cheese, Blue Cards).


Are you bringing up the topic of refu-cheese?

Did you see that Donald Trump wants to ban pre-shredded cheese? He wants to Make America Grate Again.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?

User avatar
ohio jones
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:23 pm
Affiliation: CMC

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby ohio jones » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Bootstrap wrote:And I have no idea what I'm talking about here.

Me neither. My introduction to sous-vide is via rail; Amtrak uses it in their dining cars for some things. All of which have been perfectly fine in my experience, though not particularly memorable.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong

Judas Maccabeus
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am
Location: Maryland
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:55 pm

ohio jones wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:And I have no idea what I'm talking about here.

Me neither. My introduction to sous-vide is via rail; Amtrak uses it in their dining cars for some things. All of which have been perfectly fine in my experience, though not particularly memorable.


It would make sense, as you could produce a consistent product that way. Unfortunately, in cooking, consistent is seldom memorable.

J.M.
0 x

MaxPC
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:09 pm
Location: Full time RVers
Affiliation: Catholic
Contact:

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby MaxPC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Judas Maccabeus wrote:It would make sense, as you could produce a consistent product that way. Unfortunately, in cooking, consistent is seldom memorable.

J.M.

True! Everyone still talks about my disastrous fried turkey attempt of 17 years ago. :lol:
1 x
Max (aka Plain Catholic)
Psalm 105

Judas Maccabeus
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am
Location: Maryland
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:55 pm

MaxPC wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:It would make sense, as you could produce a consistent product that way. Unfortunately, in cooking, consistent is seldom memorable.

J.M.

True! Everyone still talks about my disastrous fried turkey attempt of 17 years ago. :lol:

Did you start a fire? William Shatner did, and lived to youtube about it.

J.M.
0 x

MaxPC
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:09 pm
Location: Full time RVers
Affiliation: Catholic
Contact:

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby MaxPC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Don't know William Shatner but I did leave it in the oil too long. Dried up leather is more tender than what emerged from that mess. Not even the dogs would eat it. We decided to just bury the sad specimen and the children gave an elaborate funeral eulogy: "Here lies the turkey of great anticipation..."

As Augustine of Hippo once said:
"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."
:laugh :rofl:
1 x
Max (aka Plain Catholic)
Psalm 105

Judas Maccabeus
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am
Location: Maryland
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: For Ohio Jones

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 pm

MaxPC wrote:Don't know William Shatner but I did leave it in the oil too long. Dried up leather is more tender than what emerged from that mess. Not even the dogs would eat it. We decided to just bury the sad specimen and the children gave an elaborate funeral eulogy: "Here lies the turkey of great anticipation..."

As Augustine of Hippo once said:
"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."
:laugh :rofl:

Captain Kirk on star trek.

J.M.
0 x


Return to “Other”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Heirbyadoption and 1 guest