For Ohio Jones

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: For Ohio Jones

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:We decided to just bury the sad specimen and the children gave an elaborate funeral eulogy: "Here lies the turkey of great anticipation..."
That's hilarious!
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Don't know William Shatner but I did leave it in the oil too long. Dried up leather is more tender than what emerged from that mess. Not even the dogs would eat it. We decided to just bury the sad specimen and the children gave an elaborate funeral eulogy: "Here lies the turkey of great anticipation..."

As Augustine of Hippo once said:
"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."
:laugh :rofl:
Captain Kirk on star trek.

J.M.
I seem to remember that now. Some of my faculty & colleagues were avid fans in the 1960s. It's all they'd talk about in the break area.

Speaking of ancient history :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:Captain Kirk on star trek.
The Negotiator on Priceline. :geek:
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

ohio jones wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Captain Kirk on star trek.
The Negotiator on Priceline. :geek:
His "deep fried turkey" video is priceless......

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

This thread helped me decide what to order. "Sous vide" was about the only English terminology on the menu (though Dezert was pretty close) so I decided to czech it out. As it happens, it's a pork tenderloin salad; only the pork was sous vided, not the lettuce, tomato, garlic, or crisps. Quite good.
SousVide.jpg
SousVide.jpg (134.49 KiB) Viewed 372 times
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

wish i were there, that looks fab. and i'm hungry! :lol:
tomorrow, i'll be making a veg-beef soup, i've got the ingredients, looking fwd to it.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Looks good. I had to look up sous vide. I once knew a Sue Vidor but didn't know what sous vide was. Cooking isn't my forte'. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote:This thread helped me decide what to order. "Sous vide" was about the only English terminology on the menu (though Dezert was pretty close) so I decided to czech it out. As it happens, it's a pork tenderloin salad; only the pork was sous vided, not the lettuce, tomato, garlic, or crisps. Quite good.

SousVide.jpg
OK, so I'm curious ... where exactly are you? Somewhere in the Czech Republic, obviously, I don't recognize the fountain, and you stripped out the GPS coordinates from the metadata before posting (or your camera doesn't do GPS). The safe guess is Prague, I'm not sure why I'm thinking it's somewhere else, or at least not in the Old Town.

And the food does look good. I remember when the food in the Czech Republic was pretty bad most places. That was clearly a long time ago, the last few times I have been there I couldn't even find bad food. (Now that my boss doesn't send me there, I haven't been for 4-5 years.)
Last edited by Bootstrap on Wed May 31, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote:tomorrow, i'll be making a veg-beef soup, i've got the ingredients, looking fwd to it.
How was the soup?
0 x
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

OK, so I'm curious ... where exactly are you?
At my office in Ohio, today.
Somewhere in the Czech Republic, obviously, I don't recognize the fountain, and you stripped out the GPS coordinates from the metadata before posting (or your camera doesn't do GPS).
8-) Somehow I knew you'd look for that. I use wifi and offline maps, and keep the cell data turned off except when needed, so that's probably why the coordinates weren't included.
The safe guess is Prague, I'm not sure why I'm thinking it's somewhere else, or at least not in the Old Town.
Prague? BRNO. The large lipstick/small rocket thing in the center background is sort of a landmark, as is the entire square (which really isn't square), celebrating the fact that the locals don't speak Swedish.
0 x