Poll: Dennis Miller, stand-up comedy

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Dennis Miller, stand-up comedy

Total votes: 0

Aaron
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Poll: Dennis Miller, stand-up comedy

Post by Aaron »

RZehr wrote:Truth is still available today in the same quantities as the past It is not running out as a non renewable natural resource. It’s just that there is today, much more lies, chaff being produced and efficiently disseminated. When we regularly tap into the internet and consume vast quantities of media and political lies and conspiracies on a constant basis, truth does seem rare. You’re looking in the wrong places. Protein and vitamins are rare in a candy store. Don’t fuss to the proprietor. Leave the candy store. Or in this case, more like the manure pile.
?? are you referring to the internet here (the forum?!) .... ??
Why do so few seem to care to keep seeking the truth - as if they stopped seeking the truth and remained where they were last week, last month, last year, even years ago - they just stopped seeking the truth ? I did not expect this at all, really,
but it seems like it is all the more common everywhere as people trust something they were told some time ago, or they trusted some man they should not have trusted, and did not know they should test everything BEFORE accepting it... ?
The number of people who trust the govfdaamacdc , all or part of that group of "official" agancies(sic),
may be less than last year, but still not near enough to change any of the "official" stances..... which all seem to be driven by greed/ profits/ etc ....
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:Truth is still available today in the same quantities as the past It is not running out as a non renewable natural resource. It’s just that there is today, much more lies, chaff being produced and efficiently disseminated. When we regularly tap into the internet and consume vast quantities of media and political lies and conspiracies on a constant basis, truth does seem rare. You’re looking in the wrong places. Protein and vitamins are rare in a candy store. Don’t fuss to the proprietor. Leave the candy store. Or in this case, more like the manure pile.
Amen and amen! :hi5
:up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Aaron
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Aaron »

Sort of off topic, but importantly seen in many threads here, sadly (and at first unexpected) now with sorry and grief:
========================== concerning (one of) false gospel ------------------
"J CARV
J CARV
6 years ago
This idea that being a Christian will make life just lovely is a joke! I never suffered until I got serious for God! This is the devils world! David Wilkerson hits the nail on the head! God Bless his legacy! "
------------------- re David Wilkerson sermon(s) on the false 'seeker friendly gospel'
----------including the world wide false ecumenical gospel / movement .......
What is a solemn assembly in the Bible? |

GotQuestions.org

www . gotquestions.org/solemn-assembly.html
Jehu devised a scheme to purge the land of Baal worship by ordering a solemn assembly of all the priests of Baal. After cunningly luring them into their own temple, Jehu had the entire assembly slaughtered, and then he burned and destroyed the temple of Baal (2 Kings 10:18-28).
15 Bible verses about Purging

bible . knowing-jesus.com/topics/Purging
15 Bible Verses about Purging ... Knowledge, Of God Entering The Kingdom. Being Cleansed From Sin. and I will purge from you the rebels and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the land where they sojourn, but they will not enter the land of Israel. Thus you will know that I am the Lord. Ezekiel 24:13.

Purge in The Bible

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/search.php?hs=1&q=purge
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 2 Timothy 2:21 | View whole chapter | See verse in context If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good ...

i.e. the need to purge the wickednesses prevalent today .... (prosperity gospel, ecumenical, rome's doctrines and teachings)
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

steve-in-kville wrote:Hawkins.. the tweet song:
You found something entertaining not loaded with filth. Remarkable. I’m interested in your personal projects, is this for fun, expression, or are you interested in being a pro?
RZehr wrote:Truth is still available today in the same quantities as the past It is not running out as a non renewable natural resource.

It’s just that there is today, much more lies, chaff being produced and :arrow: efficiently disseminated.

When we regularly tap into the internet and consume vast quantities of media and political lies and conspiracies on a constant basis, truth does seem rare.

You’re looking in the wrong places.
Protein and vitamins are rare in a candy store.

Don’t fuss to the proprietor.
Leave the candy store.
Or in this case, more like the manure pile.
I appreciate this, thank you.
I’m pretty much with you, having shut down the majority of .. everything.

I’m alone a lot, vastly more so in 2020, it’s not easy. I 100% anticipated 2020, the election year, would be horrible (based on 2016 and all that followed) - I’m glad I was prepared as much as possible.

At this point, I have no delusions the election will change anything, too many love misery. They have no intent to let it pass.
There may be some tweaking, but miserable is not going to take a break.

I’m confounded that vulgarity has been so popular for so long now. Typically, we believe things run in cycles, people move on.
Evidently, there are exceptions.

I believe it’s been about 50 years since Ali McGraw shocked the world with 1 X-rated word in “Love Story,” how is it the public has not tired of it, and its cousins in that time?

This confounds me.

Plus, it’s sad. Some of these entertainers have talent, they have some worthwhile ideas, what makes them go for the lowest common denominator, decade after decade?

It’s not funny. It never was.

Ali McGraw was not attempting to be funny.
She was going for “poignant.” But, whatever.
She had her moment, that seemed to “ever after” open floodgates for all entertainers. (My perception.) The entertainment INDUSTRY loves profitable formulas, apparently, they’re convinced this one’s a winner.

I rarely listen/view. This is a main reason why.
I hoped to read others’ views.

So. Thank you again. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

In this small poll, 71% never heard of DM.
I’m not very familiar at all with entertainers or sports stars, I’m surprised there are enough interested people to support these careers.

But there are! It boggles my mind.

Further, loads of this material has to be purchased. They’d starve if reliant on me.
Or people I know. Who are these people?
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

temporal1 wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:Hawkins.. the tweet song:
You found something entertaining not loaded with filth. Remarkable. I’m interested in your personal projects, is this for fun, expression, or are you interested in being a pro?
I am blessed that the church I associate with takes mental health seriously, and I have found that humor is often the best medicine for many people. I actually have the first draft of a book that I am re-writing a bit, and I am hoping to self-publish sometime soon. As some here know, I'm an ex-transplant of nearly 25 years among the conservative circles and I am writing my memoirs of my experiences, both good and bad, but in a way that allows people to laugh.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/