Freedom of speech vs gender rights

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Freedom of speech vs gender rights

Post by lesterb »

http://tvo.org/video/programs/the-agend ... -of-speech
This is an eye-opener. It seems fairly sure that within the next five years our churches and schools will be under interdict because of this issue in Canada. I suspect that the US is right alongside this.
0 x
thebluffs
Affiliation:

Re: Freedom of speech vs gender rights

Post by thebluffs »

You are spot on with your analysis of that...recently just finished leading a seminar on this topic, particularly as it relates to the conservative Anabaptist church. Certainly the eye opening part for me was that the American brothers who were there certainly (fortunately), trail we Canadians in culture's mad rush to shatter structures and absolutes of every type.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Freedom of speech vs gender rights

Post by temporal1 »

thebluffs wrote:You are spot on with your analysis of that...recently just finished leading a seminar on this topic, particularly as it relates to the conservative Anabaptist church.

Certainly the eye opening part for me was that the American brothers who were there certainly (fortunately), trail we Canadians in culture's mad rush to shatter structures and absolutes of every type.
Being a U.S. citizen, it was quite-the-shock for me to recognize Canada's lead in the mad rush, but, i've read enough to be convinced.

would you have insights as to how this came about?
i recall one MD member once stated, "Canadians are more accustomed to being subjugated."
possibly, the differences in basic government structure account for this?

in the U.S., i believe politicians really-really want the citizenry to be kept in the dark on most matters, especially in any matters where the U.S. does not, in fact, lead! maybe there's a codependent factor? politicians want an ignorant population, the general population prefers to be lied to?!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN