5 Things That Might Surprise You About Amish Buggies

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: 5 Things That Might Surprise You About Amish Buggies

Post by ken_sylvania »

MaxPC wrote:Image
Where did you see that at? Wish it was that time of year around here right now....
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I'm impressed the trailer is registered.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:
Valerie wrote:
Josh wrote:The idea wasn't so much to promote family time in a nuclear family as to promote spending with your neighbours and extended family in your own church district.
I'm just referring to a book written by an Amish bishop addressing why they abstain from driving cars- so apparently we have learned different but similar reasons. Kind of like the phone- it takes away from family time.
What book was that?
I will have to get back with you on that- I was sent 2 books about 7 years ago or so- and that was one of them- and I loaned it out and never got it back- it was pretty good actually as he explained the 'whys and why not's' of all they do and don't do- and you could actually see the wisdom in their decisions, in my opinion.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ken_sylvania wrote: Where did you see that at? Wish it was that time of year around here right now....
I came across that picture from a link about Amish buggies. I like it because I like to fish.

I wish it was time for fishing too. But you know what they say about wishing in one hand... :rofl:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God