Hanukkah Blessings to all

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Hanukkah Blessings to all

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

I hope everyone has a blessed "Feast of Dedication", (John 10:22-23) also known at Hanukkah. We members of the Hasmonean dynasty have been commanded to publicize the great miracle of the single vial of oil, anticipated to last but a single night, lasting eight days.

Let all of us remember, the people from whom our Savior came, were remarkably preserved throughout time, in spite of every attempt to exterminate them. This was, and is, so every word of prophecy might be come to pass. In fulfillment of all God had written Jesus was born:

Galatians 4:4+5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Judas Maccabaeus (d 161 B.C.)
0 x
:hug:
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Hanukkah Blessings to all

Post by ohio jones »

Christmas and Hanukkah overlap this year for the first time since 1978, and this will happen again in 2027. But it is always fitting to celebrate the miracle of God's eternal light.
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone.
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited